Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm a DlCK! So what?
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my best friends is looking for a new convertible. He's currently driving an NA Miata 1.8L and debated on doing a J35 swap in it or just buying an upgrade. So far, the top runners are a Z4 3.0i (N52 model), E46 ZHP convertible, or wait a little longer for the 2019 ND Miata prices to come down (181 HP in a 2,400 lb. car; better power to weight than a ZHP vert).

Anyway, I saw this BEAUTIFUL black on black ZHP vert for sale while driving to a supply house. I immediately called him and let him know. I told him I'd stop and verify if it's a manual or automatic. The other details would follow suit, but the transmission is the deciding factor.

I peeked through the window and...

PRND.

Well shit.

If anyone is interested in an automatic ZHP convertible, have at it. My heart has been broken.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,083 Posts
One of my best friends is looking for a new convertible. He's currently driving an NA Miata 1.8L and debated on doing a J35 swap in it or just buying an upgrade. So far, the top runners are a Z4 3.0i (N52 model), E46 ZHP convertible, or wait a little longer for the 2019 ND Miata prices to come down (181 HP in a 2,400 lb. car; better power to weight than a ZHP vert).

Anyway, I saw this BEAUTIFUL black on black ZHP vert for sale while driving to a supply house. I immediately called him and let him know. I told him I'd stop and verify if it's a manual or automatic. The other details would follow suit, but the transmission is the deciding factor.

I peeked through the window and...

PRND.

Well shit.

If anyone is interested in an automatic ZHP convertible, have at it. My heart has been broken.
Blasphemy, my boy....sheer blasphemy....(like dry-humping Scarlett Johansson) :p

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
That would have been a great find. Convert it to a manual? Probably not in the cards.
Regardless I'm sure someone will love it just as it is, hopefully they take good care of it.

·
I'm a DlCK! So what?
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would have been a great find. Convert it to a manual? Probably not in the cards.
Regardless I'm sure someone will love it just as it is, hopefully they take good care of it.
Considering E46's are so cheap these days (even ZHPs), I'm sure some teenager is going to grab it and find this forum to ask, "What turbo kit should I put on it?"

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Considering E46's are so cheap these days (even ZHPs), I'm sure some teenager is going to grab it and find this forum to ask, "What turbo kit should I put on it?"
I was having a nice post happy hour Friday night late-ish dinner bite along with a nice glass of Cabernet when I read this. Pouring another glass.
Hopefully these cars get old enough and the good ones retain enough value that a few remain for the future.

When I die I'm leaving my car(s) to my nephew on condition he keeps the E46 and doesn't trash it. Else one of you gets it. Could be a few years, could be tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Automatics make sense in congested traffic, though. I'm now driving an automatic 325xi, and it's a relief not to be constantly shifting up and down every few seconds while crawling along at 10-30 mph in a slow-moving herd of hundreds of cars on the freeway. Otherwise, yes--the manual for sure.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Automatics make sense in congested traffic, though. I'm now driving an automatic 325xi, and it's a relief not to be constantly shifting up and down every few seconds while crawling along at 10-30 mph in a slow-moving herd of hundreds of cars on the freeway. Otherwise, yes--the manual for sure.
100% agree, also not fun stopped at a lite uphill on Mainstreet and someone on the phone just pulled right up and stopped on your back bumper.

The automatics are definitely better in congested traffic and you're tired after work and just want to get home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts