BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I Got It !!!

2265 15
I was sitting at my desk at lunch and my salesman called and said my car had arrived. I originally told him that we would come on Saturday to pick it up. I couldn’t really concentrate, so I decided what the he**, I’ll just go and get it. I left a note for my boss (he has a G35 coupe, so I knew he would understand). I drove to the bus stop and after a long almost 2 hours. I was in San Rafael, only 40 miles!. Someone from the dealer came and picked me up. I say it immediately upon arriving. WOW !! I asked once again, if he would take something off MSRP. He said some dealers were charging more, so I let it go. I just that’s the price you pay for being the first. He did throw in floor mats. He told me to “go play” while he got the paperwork together. I sat in the car, RTFM and played with all the doo-dads. After about ½ hour, I wrote the big check and it was mine!! Unfortunately, the traffic was slow going back to Santa Rosa, so I couldn’t really open it up. I drove down our driveway with a big sh** eating grin on. My wife was wondering where I was, even though a left a message on her cell. I have been BMW-less for 10 years. My darling wife totaled my 325 (she walked away with not a scratch) in 1995. We just bought a Miata that I was going to drive and she was going to drive the BMW. After the accident she was emphatic that she did want another BMW – in fact she just wanted a Honda Civic – a decision she definitely regretted. I told her that she was redeemed.

I got a 330i (no sp) SG/Terra/Al. After seeing the black, I was a little concerned that I made a bad choice with the Terra, but it is a very nice combination with the SG. The Al works very well with it. I do not like any of the wood trims. Aside from the seats themselves and a little on the doors, the rest of the inside IS back. I just went outside to check out the lighting in the dark. The down lights on the handles are really cute and I love the Xenon’s.

I did something that I would never thought I would do – I got personalized plates.

ERX BIMR (Eric’s BMW).

It is really nice to be back in the BMW fold. After reading all the posts, I realize that the car isn’t perfect (why the red turn signals on the back, andI liked the older style dash better), but IT IS A BMW.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :) :)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Mine arrived at the dealer today too.
Picking up tomorrow
Congrats! But useless without pics :p
edrucker said:
It is really nice to be back in the BMW fold. After reading all the posts, I realize that the car isn't perfect (why the red turn signals on the back, andI liked the older style dash better), but IT IS A BMW.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :) :)
Congrats on the car! Welcome back to BMW land. You will be very happy :)

Please post lots of pics of the interior. I know we're all anxious to see how Terra looks on real cars and real photos, not just those on brochures.
Pictures Coming This Weekend

I will post some pictures this weekend. About the terra - it is lighter than in the "style your BMW" web site (not the build your BMW). Someone a while ago posted pictures of a terra interior and it looked very orange. Once again, it looks smashing with the rest of the interior and SG. I think it is a hard color to photograph. Anyway, I just went out to the garage with a CD and played with logic 7 stereo. It sounds good, but I am no means an audio purist. I want to try MP3, but I have to convert my files from WMA to MP3. My boss told me about a program that will convert iTunes (mp4) to mp3 and remove the DRM. I can send a link if anyone is interested. I haven't tried it yet.

My commute is only 3 miles (5 minutes). That means I'll have more fun driving it on the weekends.
I would love to see some pictures... I have ordered the same combo (SG/Terra/Aluminum) w/Sport and it is in status 112. The first car with Terra interior my dealer expects to have will be too late to make any changes on the order. My other option was to put Terra with the Sapphire Black.

Everyone that has posted Terra pics so far says it is darker and less orange than the pictures show. Do you agree?

--
Hi Edrucker,

The E90 can play WMA's as well - at least I can in my E90 with standard professional radio and Cd changer

Give it a try before you try converting to MP3

Jayo
edrucker said:
I will post some pictures this weekend. About the terra - it is lighter than in the "style your BMW" web site (not the build your BMW). Someone a while ago posted pictures of a terra interior and it looked very orange. Once again, it looks smashing with the rest of the interior and SG. I think it is a hard color to photograph. Anyway, I just went out to the garage with a CD and played with logic 7 stereo. It sounds good, but I am no means an audio purist. I want to try MP3, but I have to convert my files from WMA to MP3. My boss told me about a program that will convert iTunes (mp4) to mp3 and remove the DRM. I can send a link if anyone is interested. I haven't tried it yet.

My commute is only 3 miles (5 minutes). That means I'll have more fun driving it on the weekends.
Congrats and welcome back to BMW ownership! Definitely post picks and update your mein auto info.

Let me know if you have any problems with the iTunes decrypting/converting. It's an easy two step process: first stripping the DRM and then converting to mp3.
edrucker said:

This thread is worthless without pics! :violent:
:stupid:
Sean said:
This thread is worthless without pics! :violent:
Congratulations! I don't want to be a downer, but you could have got him to sell under MSRP probably. Of course with that enthusiasm you had, he knew he had you either way so there was no reason to budge $1.

I talked to my dealer a few weeks ago about the E90 and acted interested, but letting it be known that I was in no hurry and would probably wait for some time because I did not want to pay a premium. He said when they come in that we could definitely work something out well under MSRP, but no where close to $1k over invoice or anything like that. Of course this is in LA where there are a plethora of dealers and lots of inventory.
edrucker said:
I say it immediately upon arriving. WOW !! I asked once again, if he would take something off MSRP. He said some dealers were charging more, so I let it go. I just that's the price you pay for being the first. He did throw in floor mats.
Eric, congrats, you must be a happy guy.
Your wife must be happy too.
Change your mein auto!
"I talked to my dealer a few weeks ago about the E90 and acted interested, but letting it be known that I was in no hurry and would probably wait for some time because I did not want to pay a premium. He said when they come in that we could definitely work something out well under MSRP, but no where close to $1k over invoice or anything like that. Of course this is in LA where there are a plethora of dealers and lots of inventory"

I'm going to try and play coy with my dealer too, bless his heart...I'll say I'm waiting for an xi, waiting for a rear-end redesign, etc...The truth is if he can match my current payments I'm changing right away!
Pictures

I took some pictures today, but it appears it won't let me upload them because the resolution is too high. Can I change the resolution, or do I have to re-take with my ancient camera in the low resolution mode. Thanks.
Photoshop can do it well, or one of the lower end Adobe tools (Imageready) does a good job as well. You are looking to change the image size to something smaller. I generally go with 800*600 for posting.
edrucker said:
I took some pictures today, but it appears it won't let me upload them because the resolution is too high. Can I change the resolution, or do I have to re-take with my ancient camera in the low resolution mode. Thanks.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.