BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new emblems, but I refuse to remove the existing ones before i know how to successfully install the new ones. anyone know the proper method to do this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
you take off the old ones by taking a pocket screwdriver and slowly taking them off you then pop out the two rubber grommets and then place the new ones in once this is done you pop in the new emblem and push down in the center to make sure it is all the way in ..... fairly simple

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Dealer showed me a trick. Use a piece is packing strapping about 18" long. Slip it under the edge of the roundel and pull up. It pops it off with no danger of scratching or marring the paint. I now keep a piece in my parts box for just that purpose.

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
The strapping that you sometimes find around a cardboard package of a heavy item. Think about it. You know what I am talking about.

·
Faithful to the fest
393 Posts
Slip a business card under the emblem so u wont damage the paint then using a flat head screwdriver slowly pry the old emblem loose easy peasy

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Post f0cking pics already.

·
*Åþråh Cådåþråh*
4,283 Posts
Dealer showed me a trick. Use a piece is packing strapping about 18" long. Slip it under the edge of the roundel and pull up. It pops it off with no danger of scratching or marring the paint. I now keep a piece in my parts box for just that purpose.
+1 One of the safest ways to go about this issue.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Packing straps

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
Ive used the packing straps, works ok. It just depends on how stuck the emblem is.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Dental floss.

Like a few of them together. Not just one. Put a few loops on each side (3&9 o'clock) and pull up.

mw

·
Registered
426 Posts
I tried the packing strap method... just broke the emblem...

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
LMAO! ooops! I never liked that method anyway.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
I tried the packing strap method... just broke the emblem...
2 straps (or dental floss) each at 3 & 9 o'clock. Lift strait up at the same time.

mw

·
Faithful to the fest
393 Posts
(slip a business card under the emblem so u wont damage the paint then using a flat head screwdriver slowly pry the old emblem loose easy peasy)

why -1 it worked for me :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts