BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Automotive Monomaniac
Joined
·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Automobile Magazine - January 2003 - Page 26

"Make that the 9 Best Places"

I wrote a letter to the Editor about "Mrs. Orcutt's Driveway" and they published it!

I made sure to plug Bimmerfest (and the guys who helped me find it). I sent them this picture too, but it didn't make it in.

Can someone scan the letter and paste it here?

- Mike
 

Attachments

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,183 Posts
That is great news . . . congratulations !!

I'm going to go and dig up my Automobile and read it :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
:-)
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
cool. :bigpimp:
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
I just saw that... But in the same issue they name Chris Bangle 'Man of the Year.' :tsk: :tsk:
 

·
Automotive Monomaniac
Joined
·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaz said:
I just saw that... But in the same issue they name Chris Bangle 'Man of the Year.' :tsk: :tsk:
Didn't you read we were best buddies?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
Mike chopped off the rest of us from the picture!!! :mad: I thought it was a group relationship.... :(

:lmao: :lmao:

Btw, do I hear a trip to Mrs. Orcutt's Driveway in Spring 2003?? Then maybe another trip to Mojave Desert or something.... :thumbup:

Emission said:
Didn't you read we were best buddies?
 

·
zeddy
Joined
·
7,668 Posts
Emission said:
Automobile Magazine - January 2003 - Page 26

"Make that the 9 Best Places"

I wrote a letter to the Editor about "Mrs. Orcutt's Driveway" and they published it!

I made sure to plug Bimmerfest (and the guys who helped me find it). I sent them this picture too, but it didn't make it in.

Can someone scan the letter and paste it here?

- Mike
Just read that last night, didn't realize it was you.

Just about ready to drop Automobile from my subscription list; it's a real junker of a magazine.

That editor, Jean Jennings is more interested in dropping industry-bigwig names than giving us real car news.

I'll miss Cumberford's design analysis segments, though.

Ed www.dzubak.com

Ed
 

·
Hi
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:

Btw, do I hear a trip to Mrs. Orcutt's Driveway in Spring 2003?? Then maybe another trip to Mojave Desert or something.... :thumbup:
We definitely need to include Las Vegas in the trip this time - I miss the Hard Rock Hotel! :bigpimp: :bigpimp:
 

·
Automotive Monomaniac
Joined
·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the Letter to the Editor:
 

Attachments

·
Automotive Monomaniac
Joined
·
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Interesting to note about my letter...

The submission had the picture in the first post (top of this thread).

They never published the pic, but instead changed the wording from "my car..." to "my Porsche 930..." (I had not mentioned the type of car I had anywhere in my letter). They didn't make any other changes to my letter.

The Editor's reference to "Mr. Goldfeld" was about the letter just above mine complaining about the fact they would even publish something that promotes speeding!
 

·
She's baaaack! :-)
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Patrick 520iAT said:
Bangle looks a missing Bee Gees band member - or Barry Gibb's evil twin. :confused:



Patrick
OMG, he could replace Maurice, the one that died last month. :eek:

Emission - great letter!

-galbimmer
 

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
Joined
·
3,300 Posts
Return with the X5 and toss that gravel around! :)

That's one thing that I love about SUV's... absolute indifference about what happens to them. You should see the rash on ours.... and the look on my wife's face when she see it! :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,675 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Mike chopped off the rest of us from the picture!!! :mad: I thought it was a group relationship.... :(

:lmao: :lmao:

Btw, do I hear a trip to Mrs. Orcutt's Driveway in Spring 2003?? Then maybe another trip to Mojave Desert or something.... :thumbup:
Bring it on baby!:thumbup: :bigpimp:

Stuka is in perfect working order with a strong new engine.:bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top