BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to forums so forgive me for any mistakes I make.

I drive a 2003 BMW X5 that I've had for less than a year now and I believe the "self leveling susp. inactive" light has been on since I got the car, but haven't had any problems until recently. I drained my battery pretty low by letting it sit for about a month or so and when that happened my front passenger wheel was scraping the wheel base. I originally thought it was a shock or pump that was out. I began researching about the whole system as much as I could and began to connect the dots that my drained battery could be causing it. I just charged the battery tonight and now the car is at normal height. (the drivers front was sagging as well after letting it sit for another month or so.) My light is still on and I'm still a little worried about it. I would like to fix it myself and think I know enough about the system to do so. I don't know enough to figure out exactly what it is though causing the light. I'm hoping someone here could help me figure out what I could do to figure out what I need to fix exactly. Would a diagnostic tool tell me?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.