BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone here verify these prices for accuracy please. Who knows I might be able to get some of these for cheaper.

All I really need verified is the second section of parts. The brake components are something I'm keeping a secret, so no specifics on those :D.

Valve Cover Gasket - $50
Oil Change - $30
Spark Plugs - $40
Spark Plug Wires - $120
TOTAL - $240

Pitman Arm - $50
Idler Arm - $50
Coltrol Arms - $75
Stabilizer (Swaybar) Links - $30
Tie Rods - $70
TOTAL - $275

Rotors - $225
Brake Pads - $90
Brake Sensor Wires - $12
TOTAL - $325

·
Lucky to drive a BMW
1,356 Posts
Yes looks like the going rate. Maybe could trim some of that down . But you dont want the cheapest stuff. Usually quality suffers with lower prices .

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Just for the record, you 'should' be able to get multiple nominal prices from:

- BMWfans phantom diagrams (1) & realoem nominal prices by part number (1) & EACTuning prices by part number (1) labor rates by zip code (1) (2) (3) where to find a good mechanic (1) (2) joining BMWCCA (1) (2) & finding a reputable BMW indy in your area (1) (2) & the most often recommended parts suppliers (1)

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Rotors - $225
Brake Pads - $90
Brake Sensor Wires - $12
TOTAL - $325
I don't know how much of this applies to the E34, but, in the E39 side of the house, we often supply these brake parts threads to others for reference:

- What E39 street use brake pads (1) and rotors (1) and suppliers (1) (2) are most often recommended & how to do a complete four wheel brake job DIY (1) (2) (3) including the parking brake drum shoes (1) (2) (3) & exactly what lube/paste to use and not use (1) & where to lube (1) and not to lube (1) what tools (1) (2) and supplies (1) you'll need & what specifications you must know (1) including minimum specs for the brake shoes (1) (2) taking care to measure torque accurately (1) & how to crack friction material edge codes (1) & how far you can go once the brake wear sensor trips (1) (2) (3) (4) & how long do rotors last (1) & how to clear the check brake lining warning the right way (1) (2) and how to hardwire the sensor (1) (2) & how to diagnose brake-related vibration (1) (2) (3) & the truth about rotor "warp" (1) & how to rebuild the calipers (1) & how to measure runout (1) & should you just turn the rotors (1) & how to remove stuck rusted-on brake rotors (1) & how to remove a stuck 6mm brake rotor set screw (1) & how to replace the anti-rattle spring (1) (2) & what about unsightly rust (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & how to bed (1) (2) & bleed or flush (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) your brakes & what brake & clutch hydraulic fluid to use (1) and how much it will cost if you do not DIY (1) (2) (3)

Notice we've done extensive brake parts price surveys ...

And, we found a wide range of costs for all four wheels (rotors, pads, sensors):

And notice we've narrowed the suppliers to the four best based on recommendations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts