BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I reach out some dealers requesting a quote on a specific car for a next lease, some of them usually ask VIN of my current BMW. I do not mind giving it out but wonder what they are trying to find out.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
When I reach out some dealers requesting a quote on a specific car for a next lease, some of them usually ask VIN of my current BMW. I do not mind giving it out but wonder what they are trying to find out.
This is a good question actually. I would imagine they can see quite a bit about where you bought the car, how much it has been in for service, how many miles it had on last service, whether it was a lease or purchase, where you got it, etc....

But I dont know... I have never seen the computer screens they are looking at but the vin tells you everything about the car itself, and they can probably see everything BMW knows about your car. They might even be able to call in and get a payoff on that vin from BMW FS if you are financed / leased through them so they might know what kind of trade position they are in.

Again, I dont know I am speculating. If you want to know, I would suggest asking the dealer what he is going to do with it when they ask, before you give it to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts