BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bernard has confirmed he will join us for drinks at the Champions Bar on 3/17 at the Marriot. Since a large number of us are picking up our cars on or around that date, a big crowd will be appreciated....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
that's awesome!

can you get him to not drill holes into my front bumper? Please?

I'm leaving for Munich in a few hours.

Everybody have a safe flight! See you there!

-RC
 

·
Spartacus_33
Joined
·
813 Posts
Well......looking at the weather forecast for the week........ you dogs will not be able to experience the wonderful stressed feeling (that I had) of driving 120 mph with the temperature at 23 degrees F! :rofl:

Have a great and fun trip! Drink a dunkle for me! :drink:
 

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
Joined
·
2,208 Posts
PittBMW said:
Bernard has confirmed he will join us for drinks at the Champions Bar on 3/17 at the Marriot. Since a large number of us are picking up our cars on or around that date, a big crowd will be appreciated....
Do you have an email address for Bernard?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,938 Posts
We could keep Bernarnd sloshed for the next 2 weeks the way we are going! :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,552 Posts
Tell Bernhard to shout "OPTIONS!" after a couple of beers. I have a running joke with another ED buddy about how Bernhard kept saying OPTIONS to demonstrate the I-drive. He sounds like Col. Klink.

HOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Tell Bernard we said hi...

... and that we are loving our 7er. Broke it in on the Autobahn this morning and some pedestrian squares in Salzburg this afternoon. (funny story).

Bernard spent a couple hours with us getting our NAV set up and showing us the features. He was a big help.

Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
I talked to Bernard last night, he said he is going to try and make the 17th, Marriott meet. Also, said paraphrase: 'the holes in your bumper are a sign you did Euro delivery' no getting around them, German law specifically requires front license plate to be screwed in. End of story he said. He did say the US holder is screwed in the same as the Euro holder so there is no extra holes. He said there would be two.

Leaving for airport in 2 hours
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,938 Posts
e36M3r said:
IGerman law specifically requires front license plate to be screwed in. End of story he said. He did say the US holder is screwed in the same as the Euro holder so there is no extra holes. He said there would be two.
Sigh, screwed twice, eh? :)

Well maybe we can find some plastic hole filler or rubber even that can fill the hole and not look too bad. Perhaps it could even be painted....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,705 Posts
e36M3r said:
.... He did say the US holder is screwed in the same as the Euro holder so there is no extra holes. He said there would be two.
Dude, you are NOT getting a European Plate holder while you are there. They will install your US front plate holder there and screw your Zoll plate over it.
 

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
Joined
·
2,208 Posts
e36M3r said:
I talked to Bernard last night, he said he is going to try and make the 17th, Marriott meet. Also, said paraphrase: 'the holes in your bumper are a sign you did Euro delivery' no getting around them, German law specifically requires front license plate to be screwed in. End of story he said. He did say the US holder is screwed in the same as the Euro holder so there is no extra holes. He said there would be two.

Leaving for airport in 2 hours
Well, its required in California too, but many dealers still don't do it. But BMW factory is probably more diligent I suppose....bahhh
:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Bumper Idea

The last time I did an ED I stopped in at the BMW Niederlassung Munchen and asked them for a German plate holder, which they gave me at NC. Then you can put the German plates back on the car with a professional look that will remind you daily of your wonderful Autobahn experiences mit kein Geschwendigkeitbegrenzung.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Good idea, RChoudry just did that today, and suggested I go over there and get one also. He paid for his though... something like $40.00 or was that Euros... Anyway, I'll see what I can arrange. I'm wondering if anyone is selling these on the net, already painted. The one purchased today was in primer.

(posted from Munich)

anlauf said:
The last time I did an ED I stopped in at the BMW Niederlassung Munchen and asked them for a German plate holder, which they gave me at NC. Then you can put the German plates back on the car with a professional look that will remind you daily of your wonderful Autobahn experiences mit kein Geschwendigkeitbegrenzung.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
e36M3r said:
Good idea, RChoudry just did that today, and suggested I go over there and get one also. He paid for his though... something like $40.00 or was that Euros... Anyway, I'll see what I can arrange. I'm wondering if anyone is selling these on the net, already painted. The one purchased today was in primer.

(posted from Munich)
So, I know this has been discussed a bazillon times, but I still don't get it.

Is it possible to buy a license plate holder from anyone, anywhere for a US-spec car that a) allows the German temporary plate to be mounted acceptably and b) eliminates the need to drill holes in my new $40K car?

I like the "proof of ED" argument, but would like a hole-less bumper better.
:)
 

·
******
Joined
·
2,457 Posts
Yobyot said:
So, I know this has been discussed a bazillon times, but I still don't get it.

Is it possible to buy a license plate holder from anyone, anywhere for a US-spec car that a) allows the German temporary plate to be mounted acceptably and b) eliminates the need to drill holes in my new $40K car?

I like the "proof of ED" argument, but would like a hole-less bumper better.
:)
The E90 euro plate holder also requires screwing into the front. Sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
NO, they all require holes, which your car will already have by the time you pick it up! :rofl:

Just get one of those plate holders and mount your ED plate on it when you get home. Or if you are running a US plate you will be good to go right from the ED center. You can keep bringing up this question with the insane idea that the answer will change... but it won't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
e36M3r said:
NO, they all require holes, which your car will already have by the time you pick it up! :rofl:

Just get one of those plate holders and mount your ED plate on it when you get home. Or if you are running a US plate you will be good to go right from the ED center. You can keep bringing up this question with the insane idea that the answer will change... but it won't.
You know, I've never flamed anyone before in a forum, and I've been hanging out online since Xmodem and FIDO. But there's always a first time:

.flame on
You may think it's "insane" to ask a clarifying question, but I sure don't. I don't know you (and I certainly don't want to), but it's pretty clear your mother didn't teach you any manners.
.flame off
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top