BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 335 coupe went in this Memorial Day weekend for an annual oil change (will be the third time I've changed it thus far) and a software update (to 29+). A few other minor issues are being addressed: rear deck creak, new windshield wipers.

Per my thread quite some months ago, I had a loaner Z4M roadster and had a fun time with her (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246140).

This time, I've got a 2007 black on black, Z4M coupe. If time warrants, and if I get a chance to have a fun little ditty with her, I'll post pics and review.

Yes, I realize I'm a lucky SOB.

Question: What is the best / worst loaner you've had? Post your experiences. (Stock photos of the make / model vehicle, where interesting, would be great.) For example: Photobucket

/bragging
/gloating

·
Been there, Done that.
5,152 Posts
that car looks nice. real nice. I haven't had any loaners yet, I'll get back to ya when I'm 21 :) in 3 years.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Due to the "21 year minimum" policy, I bring a parent with me. I inform my (great) SA of the issues with the vehicle, parents sign for the loaner.

I've only had 2 BMW loaners so far. To be honest, its fun having BMW loaners but I don't really want to bring the car in for stupid reasons.

1st time we got a '08 X3 3.0si, Alpine White with sand/black interior, premium, and cold weather package. And 5 miles on the clock :wow:

2 weeks ago, we got a 2008 335i sedan with 3,5k miles on it. Premium, cold weather, sat nav, and aluminium trim! (I missed sport package)

I do a write-up on all loaner and rental cars, of course. I do not abuse any vehicles, loaners and rentals included. With this trend, next time I expect a 550i sport. (It's only logical........272bhp --> 306bhp --> 372bhp ;) )

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
My most recent loaner was a 550 with sport package (had that for nearly a week), but in the past I've gotten:

X5 (two different ones)
X3
325xi
335 e93 (this wasn't technically a loaner, my CA just let me drive it around for half a day once when I dropped my previous e46 convertible off for some maintenance for a few hours).

This has been over the course of about 6 years.

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
So my 335 coupe went in this Memorial Day weekend for an annual oil change (will be the third time I've changed it thus far) and a software update (to 29+). A few other minor issues are being addressed: rear deck creak, new windshield wipers.

Per my thread quite some months ago, I had a loaner Z4M roadster and had a fun time with her (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246140).

This time, I've got a 2007 black on black, Z4M coupe. If time warrants, and if I get a chance to have a fun little ditty with her, I'll post pics and review.

Yes, I realize I'm a lucky SOB.

Question: What is the best / worst loaner you've had? Post your experiences. (Stock photos of the make / model vehicle, where interesting, would be great.) For example: Photobucket

/bragging
/gloating
Global? If so, you should come by the parts dept and say hi.
I would assume we're your local dealership since you live in Kennesaw, but I didn't think we had a Z4MC loaner.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
United (of Roswell). See the link to the prior thread, in my post. The last Z4M (roadster) was plastered with their advertisement--as is this one. Definitely have been planning on stopping by some time, though, to say hello...life's been crazy, especially with the hail damage I had in March.

My loaner for this servicing is much more pleasant than what I had for the body shop: [Dodge Magnum w/the basest of engine]
Photobucket

...great segue, Peter :thumbup:

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
that car looks nice. real nice. I haven't had any loaners yet, I'll get back to ya when I'm 21 :) in 3 years.
:yikes: You're only 18 with an 08 328xi coupe? Mommy and Daddy must be real cool!

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
United (of Roswell). See the link to the prior thread, in my post. The last Z4M (roadster) was plastered with their advertisement--as is this one. Definitely have been planning on stopping by some time, though, to say hello...life's been crazy, especially with the hail damage I had in March.

My loaner for this servicing is much more pleasant than what I had for the body shop: [Dodge Magnum w/the basest of engine]
Photobucket

...great segue, Peter :thumbup:
They gave me a Magnum for a day when my 325 got hit. I took it back the next day and demanded a Mazda 3 which was 1000% more fun to drive.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They gave me a Magnum for a day when my 325 got hit. I took it back the next day and demanded a Mazda 3 which was 1000% more fun to drive.
I think boils down to whether you are looking for the "fun to drive" factor, or "gangsta cred." If the latter is more your thang, then the Magnum (with security glass / tint) is the clear winner. :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts