Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
I watched it, but am not sure what happened... Did he trash something in his tranny or something?

Dave

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dwallersv said:
I watched it, but am not sure what happened... Did he trash something in his tranny or something?

Dave
He downshifted in to the wrong gear, look at how far the tach went past the redline :yikes:

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Hmm, what kind of car? I get a decent 2nd-to-3rd gear "scratch" at that RPM, he got nothing...maybe a 325? Could be the ContiSport tires I have too... :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ripsnort said:
Hmm, what kind of car? I get a decent 2nd-to-3rd gear "scratch" at that RPM, he got nothing...maybe a 325? Could be the ContiSport tires I have too... :dunno:
Look at the title: RSX-S

Also, look at the gauges and listen to the engine, obviously an I-4

330 chirps from 2-3? I find that hard to believe :confused:

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Ben Chou said:
You can get, like he said a slight scratch, not a full chirp like first to second.
Yeah, "Chirp" better describes it...a "Scratch" would be the 1st to 2nd..."Chirp" from 2nd to 3rd...but then again, I've only revved my engine past 5000 rpm twice in 18,000 miles, probably still "very tight"...:dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Ack said:
Holy Crapola! If you pause the video right after he shifts to second, you can see the needle is way past the 10K mark!! I wonder what happened after that video. Can't be good for the transmission.
Transmission? I'd be more worried about bent valves and lifters and a blown engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts