Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Does it have the wheelbase of an F01 or F02? If not mistaken, they're coming out with a long wheelbase model as well, right?

And, any updates for the 2013 model year, as there has been with the 7?

If they know what they're doing, they'd come out with RR's first-ever "Sport Pack" (bumpers, wheels, steering wheel and door sills; hehe)!
The RR ghost already comes in the long wheel base, it's called "EWB". And here's a video on the changes for 13;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt1-KKB0b4

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The RR ghost already comes in the long wheel base, it's called "EWB". And here's a video on the changes for 13;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt1-KKB0b4
Yeah, EWB, or Extended Wheelbase Ghost has been out for a year or so. The EWB is TOO big IMO. It makes the Ghost not usable or driveable for everyday.

It's funny...maybe my 2012 is a late build...but many of these "2013" features, I already have. And I do not see how they could make the already heavy and weighted interior metal door handles (pulls) feel any more substantial!

On a side note...It's awesome (or negative, depending on your view)...but in the past when we've switched between BMW, MBZ, Porsche, Audi, Range Rover, Bentley...programming and getting used to the car could be a daunting project. With The Ghost and 7 Series....a snap of the fingers. I did Bluetooth, Sirius Presets, Driver settings, Car Settings, etc, etc in about 3 minutes. It is almost identical to the 7 Series. Logical, intuitive and easy!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Congratulations!
Such a beautiful car. Rolls Royce under its BMW ownership really has reached a perfect blend of style, classic design, technology and electronic reliability, something it didn't have before.

Much better focus on details, such as the switches you describe so well.
I remember the electrical system of the old Silver Spur's; a typical british nightmare...

You might want to consider replacing the brake pads on the car. We had Akebono performance ceramic pads installed on our MB's which were just awful with the stock pads and the difference was day and night.

Even though driving the 4500lbs. SL600 aggressively, the wheels stay clean for over a week and the braking with the ceramic pads is as good as stock.

Enjoy!
According to the Akebono...the dust free Euro pads are not available for Rolls Royce or 7 Series. I sent them an email asking for sure though. Luckily the wheel design and the super glossy, slippery chrome finish makes the Rolls Royce wheels super easy to clean...but if I want them to look shiny, they need to be daily or 2x day if heavy driving & city stop & go. Annoying, but for sure a High Quality problem!!! :D

·
BMW rocks!
771 Posts
You should do a photo shot with all your toys together! All you need is a new Range Rover as people mover to complete the list! :D

Ghost for daily/cruising
Bentley for wife.
SLS for weekend driving fun.
And Range Rover when family coming in town!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
So does the Standard Wheelbase Ghost equal the Short Wheelbase 7, while the Extended Wheelbase Ghost equal the Long Wheelbase 7 or does the Standard Wheelbase Ghost equal the Long Wheelbase 7, while the Extended Wheelbase Ghost eclipse the Long Wheelbase 7?

And is it easier, the same or more difficult to get in and out of the rear?

Does your dealer give out RR loaners?

Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Somehow I like the 12's wheel design better.
All wheels, mine and what are shown for this EWB 2013 are available. Have been since 2010! The dealer told me that most buyers, do not order or want the wheels, that are shown in the video. Maybe RR has so many, that they are making them Standard on the EWB. They are pretty in person, but look very conservative and "old fashioned". The Ghost and Phantom are so stately as they are...they don't need conservative wheels to boot :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You should do a photo shot with all your toys together! All you need is a new Range Rover as people mover to complete the list! :D

Ghost for daily/cruising
Bentley for wife.
SLS for weekend driving fun.
And Range Rover when family coming in town!
I was almost 100% certain I would get the 2013 Range Rover (it would be our 4th RRover). When I saw the official pictures, now on Land Rover USA website)...I cannot get past the near identical Ford Explorer front & rear lights and Explorer front grille and bumper. I have no frickin idea what TaTa and Land Rover were thinking!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So does the Standard Wheelbase Ghost equal the Short Wheelbase 7, while the Extended Wheelbase Ghost equal the Long Wheelbase 7 or does the Standard Wheelbase Ghost equal the Long Wheelbase 7, while the Extended Wheelbase Ghost eclipse the Long Wheelbase 7?

And is it easier, the same or more difficult to get in and out of the rear?

Does your dealer give out RR loaners?

Thanks.

The short wheelbase (or Standard) RR Ghost is a tad longer than the BMW long wheelbase 7 Series. The Extended wheelbase Ghost is much longer, but shorter than the standard Phantom RR. The Extended Phantom is HUGE. Actually the standard Phantom is basically totally unusable for day to day driving. It is just impossible big and cumbersome!

If they are available, our Rolls Royce & Bentley dealer will provide a Ghost or Flying Spur loaner. If the few they have are already 'checked out'...They told me they will provide a Jaguar XJ, Mercedes CL, Porsche Panamera, Porsche Cayenne or Audi A7 or A8. So....getting a loaner car sounds kinda fun!! LOL :rofl: When we had our Bentley in for Service and repairing a paint nicked side mirror...the Dealer provided us a new Rolls Ghost for 4 days and paid for gas to boot! It appears Rolls Royce and Bentley Service is over the top accomodating and pro customer!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Does your Ghost have the dual exhaust tips? I've read that the dual exhaust tips are an option.
Oh yeah...forgot to add that. Yes, I have the dual exposed polished chrome exhaust tips! TRUST ME....I would have never ordered them and paid for this, but it was on the car that had basically every option & package I wanted. The exposed dual exhaust tips are $3,300.00. Yeah, $3,300!! Insane, stupid...but I have them, LOL.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow....love and appreciate all the beautiful, positive and happy comments! I am literally on Cloud 9, and I need to keep pinching myself everytime I see it parked in the garage, or when I approach it in a park lot! Just so f---ing awesome!!! :)
Didnt you mean "Silver Cloud 9"? Very cool!

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Still lovin' it.

How is life on the dark side ;) Missing the 7?

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
LOL! You know things are going well when your "beater" is a Bentley.
Absolutely love the car. It's beautiful.
Enjoy it.

Now excuse me while I go berate my service adviser (he acts like he's doing me a favor providing a 5-series loaner) and beat my wife (got me a watch for my birthday).

·
David
3,550 Posts
This thread makes me feel poor.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Still lovin' it.

How is life on the dark side ;) Missing the 7?
The 7 was the best of my BMWs. I think the seats in the 7 were vastly more comfortable than those in the Pana...not that the Pana's are bad at all; also, the 7's soft-close doors spoiled the hell out of me. But that's about it. Life on the dark side has been fun. I know that there are those (even here :)) who abhor the Pana's appearance, but every day I still catch myself just staring at the lines of this car in total satisfaction.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts