Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Sort of a dark blue with a tinge of fern green. Looked awesome

·
10,856 Posts
My favorite color.

I want a petrol mica/chestnut dark car BADLY.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
How about taking some pictures and posting instead of teasing us? :dunno: :angel:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TD said:
From the BMW Individual site-

VERY close. Although natural lighting and showroom lighting will change it a bit.

When I saw it in the showroom it was darker.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Clem said:
VERY close. Although natural lighting and showroom lighting will change it a bit.

When I saw it in the showroom it was darker.
Like almost every individual color.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Clem said:
LOL very true
My friend ordered his wife's 325 in Velvet Blue expecting it to be blue. When it arrived and he saw that it looked like someone had mixed Topaz Blue and Techno Violet and then used that to paint his car, he was a little surprised. Under artificial light, it looks like a very lively blue with a slight purple hint, but in natural light it is a giant grape! :) They love it, but it could have turned out to be a big problem if they didn't.

Word of the wise... Don't order an individual color unless you see it in person or you like taking risks. The pics on the internet don't do any of these colors justice, they will all change hue in different light.

·
Registered
678 Posts
DrBimmer said:
... it looked like someone had mixed Topaz Blue and Techno Violet and then used that to paint his car, ...
Oooooooo...two of my favorite colors. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is a somewhat similar color to Petrol Mica that will look less black when the car is not in direct sunlight. I think is also very nice (Orinoco metallic).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts