BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest version of BMW Connected for iOS, v2.0, now allows us to unlock our Bimmers remotely. No calling BMW to unlock. Even though the app intro indicates the app is for 2014 and newer cars it works with my 2013 528ix. :banana::banana:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm on v5.0.0 US of the BMW Remote app and no go. What version number are you using? V 2.0 doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on v5.0.0 US of the BMW Remote app and no go. What version number are you using? V 2.0 doesn't make sense.
BMW Remote is at v5.0 BUT is a different/older app that does some of the same things. I think it is going to be abandoned, so the blue logo version of BMW Connected is the app you need to get.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DO you need to subscribe to any of the BMW connecteddrive services?
YES. BMW Connected Info Here

*In the FAQ below, "BMW Connected" and "BMW Connected North America" refer to the same app.

1) What is required in order to use the new BMW Connected North America app?

Device Requirements: The new BMW Connected North America app is available exclusively for iOS devices running iOS 9.0 or newer. On iPad devices, the app will not run in full-screen, since this app is designed for iPhone® screens. In future versions of the app, support for Android™ devices will be included.

Vehicle Requirements: The new BMW Connected North America app is compatible with Model Year 2014 and newer Navigation-equipped vehicles, except 2014 X6. An active BMW Assist™/ConnectedDrive subscription is required. Not all features and functions will be available in every vehicle.​

2) Where do I go to download the new BMW Connected North America?

The new BMW Connected North America can be downloaded from iTunes® or the App Store®. As there are several similar apps in the BMW app portfolio, please be sure to search for and download "BMW Connected North America".

The direct link to download the app is provided below:

BMW Connected App for iOS

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the link! It appears that the app is not yet available in Canada. US only. I'm sure this will change soon.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link! It appears that the app is not yet available in Canada. US only. I'm sure this will change soon.
I was afraid that might be the case. Hopefully soon. The app just keeps getting better. Now if they would just allow us to see where our car is beyond the minimal 1/2 mile (.8km?) limit I would be a happy camper. Also turning on ventilation system would be nice. I don't see the harm in that.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
I was afraid that might be the case. Hopefully soon. The app just keeps getting better. Now if they would just allow us to see where our car is beyond the minimal 1/2 mile (.8km?) limit I would be a happy camper. Also turning on ventilation system would be nice. I don't see the harm in that.
I can do both of those things.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, aren't you special! How or why? Can you code for those?

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Well, aren't you special! How or why? Can you code for those?
These features have to do with year of vehicle, vehicle model, and app version. On my 2013, I could not use ventilation options. On my 2016 xdrive40e, I get additional charging details.

It just has to do with Android app. There may be additional coding, but I did not do anything specifically with that respect.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Almaretto - Too bad you didn't elucidate on your previous answer from the getgo. Would have been appreciated. I know some Connected features were year and model specific, but how are you able to see your car's location from afar, i.e., farther than a half mile? Is that the Android app function? And I lost the ventilation option a long time ago as well with my 2013. German corporate thinking boggles the mind IMHO.
I also know you are a knowledgeable coder so was hoping there was something in that realm to enable a feature or two.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Just as you never did anything to enable the option to unlock vehicle, neither did I to have the other features. All features works as pictured in image, except unlock vehicle gives option to call BMW assist. Unfortunately lock only locks main cabin and does not set alarm or secure gas flap. The map tab can both locate vehicle on Google Map image while stationary or moving as well as send destinations to vehicle.

Re coding: There are a number of FDL parameters related to various remote functions but mine are all set at factory values.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One last question - if you are in Las Vegas and one of your Bimmers is parked in LA can you see the car's location on the Google map in BMW Connected app?

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
One last question - if you are in Las Vegas and one of your Bimmers is parked in LA can you see the car's location on the Google map in BMW Connected app?
For Android, it is two separate apps. But, yes, I can see exact GPS location on map; that includes parked and moving vehicle. It does not matter if vehicle is 1 block or 1 state away. There is also idrive setting to enable.

BMW Remote app is for remote features (unlock, lock, flash headlights, see vehicle location, send destination, etc).

BMW Connected App is for directly plugging into vehicle and using email (setup via ConnetedDrive), Pandora, etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just downloaded the app yesterday, it is version 2.0. When I attempted to unlock the doors it told me to call BMW assist. Other functions seem to have gone through but I need to play a little more.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I just downloaded the app yesterday, it is version 2.0. When I attempted to unlock the doors it told me to call BMW assist. Other functions seem to have gone through but I need to play a little more.
Not sure what is happening for you. Just worked for me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it's MY based. I don't even show the option on my app. My car's a 2012...
It has been stated that it is MY specific commencing with 2104 - BUT I have a late build 2013 and it is working for me. At least for now. BMW giveth and BMW taketh away. :yikes:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
It may be possible to use E-sys Coding Verification or TM's NCD / CAFD Tool (SVT-CAFD resource) to see which FDL's are affected with regional or production date changes.

Though, it appears somethings may be restricted from the app side.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts