BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a car I have wanted for years, I had a Dodge Neon and was desperate for a BM, so I brought my first, a 318 four door, i loved it to bits, fair play it wasnt the tidyest thing about , and at 165,000 miles she did me well, never once broke down, but it just wasnt enough.
After months of saving I finaly brought a 328i coupe as that was the one i really wanted, with all the little extras like leather and so on.
but its been one bloody thing after another and its driving me mad, cats, brakes, steering pump etc is it just me or does this happen to most bm's? :(

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Hey matey

All second hand cars come with their problems unfortunately. Sounds like you got one with a few more than some others.

But always remember you have an AMAZING machine there!!

Post some pics for us :thumbup:

You ever need a hand with anything, you give me a call. Not really that far from you...especially in my 328i :rofl:

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Do you two know each other??

The reason I ask is that Pirate is Welsh after all (even though he says he's English!), and he seems more than willing to help you out at the cost of personal sacrifice! :D

Just kidding, you said your mum was Welsh but you were born here ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks babe,

ordered a second hand cat, it arrived today, fingers crossed x my fault for braking the steering pump, too much doughnuting!!! oops, (then i moan).

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
I think it's just how second-hand cars go. The good of it all, though, is that when you get all of this fixed, you probably won't have to worry about what you just fixed going bad for quite some time.
It's been happening to me, too, unfortunately.

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Do you two know each other??

The reason I ask is that Pirate is Welsh after all (even though he says he's English!), and he seems more than willing to help you out at the cost of personal sacrifice! :D

Just kidding, you said your mum was Welsh but you were born here ;)
Funny!

My family are all Welsh but i am English (not that it matters)

Good luck with the cat. Too many doughnuts you say....how old are you? (know i should ask)

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Mine hasn't needed any work since I got it in November, so I guess I'm lucky! If it had major problems I wouldn't have had the money to fix them.

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
I've fixed the rear wheel bearings (and re-enforced them) the rear wheel bearings, the head lights (horribly fogged/sandblasted), a leaking (more like pouring) oil reservoir and I'm still working on fixing my interior panels (the vinyl has come up and is shrinking). None of them are too hard, except the rear wheel bearings. None of them were really expensive, either, except the rear wheel bearings. The problem is that it's all coming at around the same time, which my wallett isn't too happy about.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've fixed the rear wheel bearings (and re-enforced them) the rear wheel bearings, the head lights (horribly fogged/sandblasted), a leaking (more like pouring) oil reservoir and I'm still working on fixing my interior panels (the vinyl has come up and is shrinking). None of them are too hard, except the rear wheel bearings. None of them were really expensive, either, except the rear wheel bearings. The problem is that it's all coming at around the same time, which my wallett isn't too happy about.
sounds bad, thats the thing, it all costs money :(

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
Yeah, but I have the feeling that when I get it all nailed down, the car will last me a long time. That's what BMWs are known for and I definitely take care of it. I just did a huge regular maintenance job on it when I replaced the bearings:
New plugs, air filter, cabin filter, oil, oil filter and some other things that I don't recall at the moment.

I can't wait to put this thing back to its stock lustre and then some!

22, eh? Good times! I'm not too far behind you, then. Unfortunately, the day I turn 22 is also the first day of classes of my last year of university...
Oh well...

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
Damn...looks like I'll miss that one.
Then again, I'm at the beach all next week, so I can't complain too much!

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
haha

Lucky you. I would say it's probably a bit warmer here at the beach I'm going to, but somehow, I'm not even going to try that. It may be upper 20s to mid 30s, but I bet the water temperature is about the same. It is every year, unfortunately. If it's 10 again, I'm going to be rather upset...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts