BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Goodchip
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read all these posts complaining about this and that.
I just have to say that there is not a day that goes by that I don't think to myself, "Man, I love driving this car!"
I remember the first time I took a BMW for a test drive. The other cars I was looking at were the A4 and the G35.
A hundred yards down the road and one shift, and I said to my son who was with me, "Oooooh, this is different!"
The smooth acceleration, the amazing handling, the great sound from the HK system, the solid suspension, the amazingly comfortable sport seats, the great dash design, the paint finish that causes people to ask me if I just waxed my car,
:thumbup:
How about a few posts about how much we love our cars?
Now if you'l excuse me, there's a little brake dust on my wheels. I'm going out to wash my BMW!

·
Nothing specific
984 Posts
I love mine too. I'm never going to sell it.

* walks into garage *

My precious, yes, my preciousssss......

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Absolutely. No other new or used car that I'd want right more right now (I like sedans, so the e46 m3 is out).

·
Registered
523 Posts
I love my car as well. I was also looking into the G35, as well as the A6, passat, and the STS. Once I drove the BMW, there was no doubt that it was the car for me. I love my E46 and my friends love to drive it whenever they get a chance, which is not often!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Once I got behind the wheel for the first time - it all became very clear.
Now it is in my driveway. Though it is really my wife's car... sigh...

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
22,144 Posts
I love my car so much my husband calls it my "boyfriend" :eek:

Ok ,being more serious..I could not be happier with my car. There is no other car that I'd want to own. I look forward to driving it every day. When I get to work its hard not to think about driving it home. I feel very lucky to own this car :thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My fascination began during my first test drive in a 2006 330ci. I had butterflies in my stomach all the drive, it was that impressive.

When I first got in my purchased BMW, I kind of just sat and looked in amazement at how nice it was.

After the ~3 months wait from the point I actually commited to buying one (ordering from the factory, picking up in Munich, waiting for it to arrive in the US, taking delivery 6 1/2 weeks later) I still manage to find myself at least once every night just stepping into the garage to stare at it (after two weeks of having it). The fascination remains.

We nit pick here and there, but I only do this because the car inspires me to make something great even more perfect.

·
Former ZHP pilot
884 Posts
The other night i was at home laying down watching TV about 1am and all the sudden i just jumped in my bimmer and just went for a drive on some deserted roads. I hit the rev limited a few times with the radio turned off and let me tell you thats the best music I've ever heard!

Man, sometimes you have to drive just for the drive it's like therapy. I love my BMW.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Double Vanos said:
The other night i was at home laying down watching TV about 1am and all the sudden i just jumped in my bimmer and just went for a drive on some deserted roads. I hit the rev limited a few times with the radio turned off and let me tell you thats the best music I've ever heard!

Man, sometimes you have to drive just for the drive it's like therapy. I love my BMW.
Yeah, I know what you mean! :thumbup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just washed it today and it is beatiful! If I could think of a more descriptive word than love I would use it.....but since I can't Love will have to do. I LOVE MY BIMMER!! And I am not ashamed to say it, even though my wife is jealous of our relationship. :D

·
Livin' like Larry!
8,850 Posts
goodchip said:
We love our BMWs too... why do you think we put up with all their shenanigans?! :D
IMO, it's human nature to complain... I could be :freakdanc with the hottest, most bodacious woman in the world and still find a reason to complain... :lmao:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i love mine.....i have had it for two months....i drove all the cars for detail ...so i had driven a lot makes and models....the BMW always was my fav from the 3 series to the m5 i loved them ....i told my dad i wanted a 3 series ....i wanted a silver with black leather and silver trim ...when my trans am kinda died my dad took me to go look at a bmw...and there it was a silver with black leather and silver trim ..lol...i cant believe i have her ...i love it and i am very happy with paying her payment every month :) its a divers car and thats what i wanted ...

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Double Vanos said:

Same here, although uh, not at 1am. But the deserted roads and the "drive" is worth the while. Makes me smile no matter what mood I'm in. :angel:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Double Vanos said:

I'm with you 100%! I do this all the time too, sometimes I like to drive late at night turn up the tunes and just drive. It helps clear my head too :)

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
goodchip said:
I just have to say that there is not a day that goes by that I don't think to myself, "Man, I love driving this car!"
I remember the first time I took a BMW for a test drive. The other cars I was looking at were the A4 and the G35.
A hundred yards down the road and one shift, and I said to my son who was with me, "Oooooh, this is different!"
The smooth acceleration, the amazing handling, the great sound from the HK system, the solid suspension, the amazingly comfortable sport seats, the great dash design, the paint finish that causes people to ask me if I just waxed my car,
How about a few posts about how much we love our cars?
Now if you'l excuse me, there's a little brake dust on my wheels. I'm going out to wash my BMW!
Even after 45k miles, I never take it for granted, not even on a simple trip to the grocery store. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts