BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Goodchip
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi:
It seems too often that about the only time anybody says something positive in these fora is when someone announce that they just got or are getting a new 5er. (Okay, there is a new thread about getting out on the long weekend. Booo to the guy who's leaving his BMW at home in favor of his Honda..)
Is it just me or does it seem that most threads are about complaints, nits, the same old questions that can be answered by reading the manual or going to TireRack.com? I hardly ever post because there's rarely anything new that interests me. Isn't one of the main reasons these boards exist is to celebrate your ownership experience with other enthusiasts?

I hereby announce to the faithful ( and even occasional) readers of this forum that I LOVE my '08 528i!! (Platinum Grey, Auto, Diamond Black trim, Black leather, Continental All Seaons)
I love everything about it. Even its minor quirks. I love iDrive (mind you I have the 6 presets...not so sure I'd be a big fan without the presets). I love the responsiveness, the handling, the sound system, the ride, the seats, the styling, the transmission. I love the admiring looks I get while I'm sitting at a red light. I love the USB/iPod integration (could improve a bit here).
I love the ambiance lighting. I love the Diamond Black trim (sorry US folks who apparently can't get this!)
I love driving my car. I don't even mind being stuck in a traffic jam. I love going to the store for a quart of milk. I love forgetting the bread and having to go back to the store! I love straight ahead highway driving. I love winding back roads.
I love washing my car. I love parking my car at the far end of the parking lot so I can admire it as I'm walking back to it.

Next week I'm off the the Okanagan (Canada's equivalent of the Napa Valley) to pick up a few cases of wine. I can't wait to cruise through the foothills, the mighty Canadian Rockies, along the shores of Lake Oakanagan. Sometimes the roof will be open, so I can listen to the wind. Sometimes, it will be closed, so I can listen to my iPod, or the quiet hum of the engine and the road underneath. Sometimes I'll poke along at a leisurely pace, enjoying the beauty and majesty of the place, sometimes, I'll open it up and enjoy the thrill of effortless speed. At all times, I'll revel in the pure joy of driving this fine car.

There. I've said my piece. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels this way!
:clap:

·
Registered
48 Posts
oh dude...I sooooo love my 05 545i...my god i must vacumm that thing every night and wash her twice a week. Yeah I'm neurotic...but this is my 4th BMW and the best yet.

Even going to get gas is fun...well...more fun than in any other car...LOL!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just bought an '05 545i from my stepson. This is my first BMW and I am lovin' it, too! I can't seem to come up with enough excuses and errands to run to drive it as much as I want! :)

·
Yabba Dabba Doo!
363 Posts
Here, here! I just purchased my very first BMW ... a 328i ... this Tuesday she'll be with me 4 weeks and she's just amazing! :thumbup: Love the 40 minute commute into work, the 40 minutes back home, and everything Goodchip said ... parking way in the back at work, going to get milk, etc. I wash it every weekend and wipe it down with some good detail spray every chance I get! By far she's the best car I've driven. Soooooooooo much better than the Accord I just got out of. Goodchip has said everything I would have said! I know a 3er is no 5, but it's like Christmas all over again every time I look out into the garage! And as they say, "Once you go BMW, you never go back ..." I think I'll keep this girl around a couple years and maybe go for a nice 5er next time! :)
Thanks guys and gals for all the helpful info on here!!
dave

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Congrats Goodchips. If this is your first BMW, you'll never drive another car again. I felt the same when I bought my new 2005 525i. Now I have a new 2008 535i and I love it twice as much. Enjoy!!

·
Goodchip
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its actually my second. First was a 2004 325i. I felt the same way about that car as well.
But as life and cars evolve, the 5er is a quantum leap.

·
Here for life!!!
567 Posts
As if it wasn't already hard enough waiting for delivery. I think your proclamation has nearly taken me over the edge, and I still have over month or more to wait!:mad: I so desperately want to be able to say those same things. Thank you, however, for letting me in on what I have to look forward to.:thumbup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Goodchip -

Your'e a breath of fresh air!! I took ED of my 550 in September, finally got it here the first week of December, and still love driving it EVERY DAY!! I've put just under 10,000 miles on it so far, have had it to the track twice, paid to have the oil changed twice, and replaced the tires once already. I expected this when I bought the car, and have no problem with it. My friends think I am crazy, but they do not enjoy driving as much as I do. When BMW's no longer make me happy, I will not complain, I will just buy something else. Which is the best way to let BMW know you are not happy. But in the meantime, WOW!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Goodchips,

I am completely with you man, you pretty much described my emotions about my 545. If you ever drove BMW you'll never drive anything else. Way to go bro

·
Go Dawgs!
1,072 Posts
Goodchips is so right on!

I sold my MY2000 540i in February to make way for the purchase of my next 5er this summer (July 22 ED of 550i). I loved my 5er, and miss it terribly. I've been driving a 98 Ford Ranger 4x4 for the last few months, and it beats me up everytime I have to drive more than 20 miles in it.

I live in Seattle, but travel a lot. One of the ways that I deal with my 5er separation and ED anxiety is to stop by BMW dealers when I'm in other cities and "test drive" ;-) a car. Whet's the appetite, and reminds me why I know this car is the ultimate driving machine! I just drove a 5er at Irvine BMW last week and couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole time.

Crap, I still have 8 weeks to go until I get to take delivery of my new baby in Munich! Argh. Then, it'll be two weeks of wedded bliss, followed by another 10 friggin weeks of absence. Sigh.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Same here, no complaints at all (well, maybe that I spend so much time cleaning this car?!?!, but that's my fault...) I agree with the others regarding the "leap" with the new e60. This is my 5th BMW in 9 years, and is by far the best. I, too, said after getting my first one in 1999 -- I will always have at least one BMW in the garage.

Bick -- just wait until you get YOURS. It's better that the ones on the lot!

-- Kelly

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thumbs up for the positive replys:thumbup: I also have had an amazing experience with my 550 so far. Every day get better and better.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, I couldn't have said it better...I thought washing a car two or three times a week was over the top but I can't help it. I've had my 550i for about two months and I find every excuse to drive, in LA no less. I can't help but explode to 50 after every red light. The looks I get are with my sport package are so envious. The next one will be an M5 just because I just pulled up next to a beauty in white with black slippers that made me drool...gotta get back to work...I love my 550i. I'm going for a late night spin right now!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts