Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my thread on E46-fanatics, let me know what you guys think. I also installed the SMGII wheel on my '03 330i yesterday and will do a full write up on it tonight or tomorrow with pics. I love that wheel!!

Mystery harness????

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very cool. Hey, could you please take pics of your install? I'm thinking about doing it to my car. Also, how much did everything run you. Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
You have a Nav TV? I want one. So like if you end up involved in an LA car chase you can watch yourself on the news? Cool!

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually going to do the NAV-TV install on saturday. It seems pretty straight forward and easy but getting into the trunk and working with the wires in the trunk is very tight. Will try to take pics during the install and after. I am also thinking of hooking up a dvd player into it. I picked it up at the NAV-TV headquarters here in brooklyn for $1100. Hopefully the install goes well this weekend and I will post a write up with pics for everyone. :thumbup:

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Could you elaborate a bit on what you were doing? In particular, were you upgrading a CD-based NAV to DVD? If so, what was involved and what was the cost? There are many of us here that are interested...

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am installing the Nav-Tv video module in my car. It allows you to watch television on the Nav screen as they do in Euro models using a modified version of the OEM Euro Video module. It also comes with RCA inputs to attach a DVD player or any video/audio source. The DVD-Nav came with my '03 330i, it is not a retrofit. Although it seems like it could be retrofitted very easily by swapping out the player unit. Not sure though, I would need someone to tak a pic of the back of a CD-Based NAvi and the harness, so I can match them up to mine.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't think the aux-input pre-wiring is there, but I could be wrong. Just as you described, the CD cables as elsewhere so this bundle is most likely just the voice activation and telephone pre-wiring. The other big connector is the telephone connector and the small ones are for the compensator (which is odd since BMWNA says the compensator can't be installed on the E46 :dunno: ) Wiring bundles are separated by function since technically the prewiring is an option, its just that we have it standard in the US. In the UK for example you have to order the CD-Changer preparation (i.e. prewiring) if you plan on installing the CD Changer with minimum hassle. In Canada you have to order the phone preparation if you plan on ever installing the phone without signifigant hassle. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but the connectors in your pictures look like each of them are for the phone; they are the same connectors I have in my 2001. Again, I could be wrong but if each of those cables came out of the same wrapping, then they are most likely all for the phone/voice activation, just like you have another wrapped bundle of cables that are just for the CD-Changer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts