BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped of my car in London on July 3 and I just got word it will arrive on the West Coast August 5. I know it will take a while to get from the port to my garage, but one month from drop off to arrival at port is much quicker than I expected.

Anyone on the West Coast have a similar experience?

·
Registered
324 Posts
you give us West Coasters hope! now let's hope it won't stay at VPC long :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
smytheee said:
you give us West Coasters hope! now let's hope it won't stay at VPC long :)
+1

I was all conditioned to wait for 8 weeks and you had to ruin it all... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
+2

·
Registered
112 Posts
which boat?

targa84 said:
I dropped of my car in London on July 3 and I just got word it will arrive on the West Coast August 5. I know it will take a while to get from the port to my garage, but one month from drop off to arrival at port is much quicker than I expected.

Are you on Auto Banner? I dropped off in Munich on 6/29 and it's supposed to arrive 8/5 at Port Hueneme. It looks like you probably just got in at the end as I know my car sat for 2 weeks before the boat left port.

·
Registered
269 Posts
4 weeks...takes that long just to get cable...

it's all about timing....

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Both of mine have been about 6-7 weeks out of my hands. Customs/VPC+Delivery could take 2+ weeks. Sorry to ruin your buzz, but I do hope it goes fast for you!

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
targa84 said:

I have done this 16 times and all I can tell you is that ..... well....:eeps:

I wouldn't pop the cork on champgne my friend;)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Well aren't you the party pooper :lmao: J/K Bee, good to know so some of us don't get our expectations too high :angel: only to be let down and be in more pain than to begin with :bawling:

beewang said:
I have done this 16 times and all I can tell you is that ..... well....:eeps:

I wouldn't pop the cork on champgne my friend;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
dare to dream! eh?? ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I said in the original posts, I know it will be a while before I actually get delivery. So we shall see how long the entire process takes.

I don't know what ship it is on. I was trying not to think about it becuase it will get here when it gets here. I can't do anything about it. I was very surprised to get the email from the dealer.

Best wishes to all who are in the wait zone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts