BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Orlando, FL for a conference this week... Just got here today and I miss my Bimmer already! I got a Ford Mustang as a rental and thought that it would keep me entertained while I'm away, but this thing is no comparison to my car. Granted this is a base model rental with an auto tranny, but I would have thought it would be more fun than it is. The interior feels cheap... the only part on the 325i's interior that compares to the cheapness is the emergency brake handle.

*Sigh*... I guess this experience will make me appreciate my car more! :D

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John Demetre said:
Are you glad you got that steel blue? I see alot of steel blue's now!
Definitely glad I got steel blue. I love the color, it doesn't show dirt much, and I get lots of compliments about the color. It's still a very rare color in Grand Rapids, MI. I see a lot of silver, black, white and red... but have only seen 1 other steel blue on the road.

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: I miss my Bimmer...

jm8571 said:

Pete, even Ford engineers admit the Mustang Interior must go. That, more than any other feature, helped to eliminate the Mustang from my prospective 'buy' list.
I can believe that... The interior of my last car, a Honda Civic felt luxurious compared to the Mustang... and I the Civic is a $13,000 car!

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: I miss my Bimmer...

ALEX325i said:

I think now you understand why I LOVE my cars... Ford cars :thumbdwn: Maybe you'll be lucky next time and they'll give a Taurus or a Grand Marquis... Actually, no wait. Maybe you'll be real lucky next time and they'll give you a Focus. You'll love it... :rolleyes:
I tried to get a free upgrade to a Jaguar... it's still a Ford, but at least it's a much nicer Ford. The Budget Rental guy said "No dice"... and I doubt my boss will sign my expense report for a luxury rental for a week. :)

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steve said:
Gee, you think you miss your Bimmer....

I put mine on the ship back to North America after having it here in Europe on ED for a year.

I'm not going back until July.

I'm driving a Renault Clio...
Aww... poor baby. The Clio is a cute little car. I got that as a company car when I was working in France for 2 weeks setting up the network there. It was a decent ride... until my !(@*$# co-worker decided to put regular petrol in the diesel-engined Clio.

Oh well... She'll never live down the name "Diesel Anne". :lmao:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.