BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant take it anymore. i must have cinnamon leather in my 3. MUST HAVE. to me, it is :jawdrop: can i stress that more? i am willing to pay anything. i know its not available as a color for the 3's but i have to have it so where can i get it put into my car? i have black leather right now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
dankykev04 said:
i cant take it anymore. i must have cinnamon leather in my 3. MUST HAVE. to me, it is :jawdrop: can i stress that more? i am willing to pay anything. i know its not available as a color for the 3's but i have to have it so where can i get it put into my car? i have black leather right now.
go to an upholstery shop and give them your credit card.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im in san diego, ca. know of any good ones around here?

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,802 Posts
What's your exterior color? Someone in my parking lot has a black M3 w/ Cinnamon -- looks great. But, is an aftermarket leather job as good as original factory?

·
Registered
154 Posts
markl53 said:
What's your exterior color? Someone in my parking lot has a black M3 w/ Cinnamon -- looks great. But, is an aftermarket leather job as good as original factory?
Probably not, unless you find a damn good upholsterer that does high end cars (perhaps someone that does restorations)...

Then again, the upholstery job from the factory isn't exactly top notch either.

·
Banned
545 Posts
markl53 said:
yeah, if you get cinnamon, you get the nice nappa leather, vs our crap dakota leather

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Since you have a Ci, all of the M3 pieces will fit--you just need to find and buy them. If cost is truly no object, go to a dealer and order new M3 front seats, new door panels, new rear side panels, and a new back seat.

Alternately, you could try and find this stuff used. You need to find someone who is planning to gut an M3 with a cinammon interior, maybe to turn it into a race car. There are people that do things like that.

Finally, if you do want to go the re-upholstery route, you may want to ask the leatherz.com guys over on the Z3 board about the availablility and cost of cinammon nappa leather. I know that they buy a lot of OEM hides.

Any way you go, I suspect you will not be pleased with the cost of the conversion. It probably makes more sense to sell your 325 and just buy a used cinammon-interior M3--then you get all of the other good stuff, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In my limited experience I've found quality upholstery work isn't as expensive as you might think. Find the best one in your area and have a chat with them. They also have suppliers which can equal or exceed--yes, absolutely exceed--the quality of any German leather OEM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
markl53 said:
sapphire black

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
MERZADY_BoY said:
yeah, if you get cinnamon, you get the nice nappa leather, vs our crap dakota leather
Actually, our "crap" interiors are "Montana Leather"... and I like it :D

--J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts