BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There were too many grammatical and logical errors for this to be true.

1) "reach via phone" is not written english.
2) You can easily verify whether the phone number was correct.
3) "possible it's originally" - It's is a contraction of "it is" not its. Also, it should be "original" not "originally".
4) "restoration time will take approximately". It should be "restoration will take approximately" or "restoration time will approximately". "time" and "take" together is incorrect.
5) Check your email extended header.
True, but... A couple things.

First, I was seeing red, you have no idea. I now know I would not make good decsions in combat. I was furious and missed the obvious grammatical mistakes above. As well as glaring differences between my car and the picture. Most notable is the fact that I do not have a tinted window!

Second, Ive been reading about idiot dealerships (the technicians) taking 1M's out for joyrides. One video'd himself and put it on Youtube (PAcific BMW). I commented at length in this forum and others my fear of this happening to me - I lost sleep over having my 1M redelivered (bought mine in Alabama, I live in MA). My buddy tapped into this fear.

third, Im following the car development/allocation/delivery and accident rate of this car closely. As soon as a 1M is wrecked its all over the 'other forum'. I had not heard of a single white 1M being wrecked.

Lastly, I'm gullible, apparently.

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
The needle on my BS Meter was pegged after reading the initial post, but I decided to read further before replying. Your friend got you good, and added insult to injury by prompting you to post here for our subsequent amusement. Come to think of it, I could use someone with a mind this devious to inflict a little suffering on some people I know who richly deserve it. Let us know if your friend is interested in a little freelance work.

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
This is where the thread hits the gutter.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
There were too many grammatical and logical errors for this to be true.

1) "reach via phone" is not written english.
2) You can easily verify whether the phone number was correct.
3) "possible it's originally" - It's is a contraction of "it is" not its. Also, it should be "original" not "originally".
4) "restoration time will take approximately". It should be "restoration will take approximately" or "restoration time will approximately". "time" and "take" together is incorrect.
5) Check your email extended header.
It just heightens the realism of coming from a German whose first language is not english.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
GEORGE: 'My wife's in a coma.' Yeah? Well, the life support machine called
and...

He tails off, as he can't think of anywhere to go. Then a look of
enlightenment comes to George's face, as he thinks of something.

GEORGE: (shouts) Wait! Yes! That's what I should've said! (frustration)
D'ohh!

George looks gutted for a second, then a determined expression comes to his
face. He swings the car round with a squeal of tires, and heads back towards
the airport.

GEORGE: (cocky laughter) Huh haha! (shouts) You're meat, Reilly! You just
screwed yourself! (laughter) Ha ha!

Must not be any Seinfeld fans in Bimmerland.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
GEORGE: 'My wife's in a coma.' Yeah? Well, the life support machine called
and...

He tails off, as he can't think of anywhere to go. Then a look of
enlightenment comes to George's face, as he thinks of something.

GEORGE: (shouts) Wait! Yes! That's what I should've said! (frustration)
D'ohh!

George looks gutted for a second, then a determined expression comes to his
face. He swings the car round with a squeal of tires, and heads back towards
the airport.

GEORGE: (cocky laughter) Huh haha! (shouts) You're meat, Reilly! You just
screwed yourself! (laughter) Ha ha!

Must not be any Seinfeld fans in Bimmerland.
I forgot...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
We pulled a prank similar to this on somebody at my office. We have the option of parking our personal vehicle in a secure area at our facility when we go on extended travel (our company does a lot of overseas business). One of our Business Development guys had just bought a very nice Mercedes CL convertible, and he left his car in the secure lot. One of his colleagues found a picture on the Internet of a car like his that had been wrecked, and after a bit of photoshop, sent him an email with the picture telling him that one of the production guys had run into his car with the forklift. He went down hook line and sinker. I can't take credit for this, and actually I'm kind of glad.....I'm just watching for the payback!

Keith

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
I could have told you it's fake. Stuggart is completely weird name, never heard of it, probably supposed to sound like "Stuttgart".

Second: the "von" would not be in capitals.
To OPs earlier post's point - he was seeing red; not thinking with his top brain.

And I don't blame him. I would be too.

Fantastic prank. If you need help plotting your revenge; count me in.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Prank sign was the six month repair period. NOT so realistic

·
Bierkaiser
82 Posts
There is not "Karl von Stuggart" working for BMW and I have never heard of a so-called "BMW Accident Notification Centre". :bigpimp:

Guess your buddy had a lot of fun.. :thumbup:

·
Banned
3 Posts
I don't know about this, but I will suggest a criminal and traffic lawyer because he solved my friend's cases. Recently, I needed the help of a drug driving lawyer. My friend was drugged while driving, and once a police officer arrested him for drug driving. Then I contacted him for my friend’s bail.

Moderator's edit: removed link to traffic lawyer

·
Super Moderator
3,797 Posts
The last post was over 11 years ago…
Very amusing to read this thread. The post above yours is likely spam. It had a link to a traffic lawyer, which has been removed.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts