BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE KNO HOW TO PAIR A PHONE WITH A 330i? I tried readin the owners manual but it jus confused me:dunno:....SUMONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT

·
Registered
265 Posts
What kind of phone are you trying to pair? At what point are you stump? The instructions that I found here were pretty straight forward to me.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Do you have a pairing button in the car? ..or do you know the BMW assist is disabled and the bluetooth module was installed (a pairing code on a card is NOT proof of this)?

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
could be it lol...how would i get it installed? but wen i bought it the salesman said that i did
The parts are about $600, you can buy them from bimmernav.com or europeanautosource.com or a lot of other places.

First, you need the dealer to disable BMW Assist.

Then you just install the parts. Not too hard to do yourself - bluetooth antenna, bracket, and the bluetooth module itself.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
iight,but lets say i do have it...how do i initate the set up process?
Press the pairing button under the armrest behind the cupholder (that you don't have if you don't have bluetooth installed) while turning the key to the ON position... then put your phone in discovery mode and tell it to look for new bluetooth devices.

OR the newer cars automatically in pairing mode within 30 seconds of starting the car each time.. so you just tell your phone to search for bluetooth devices.

Once again, if you press the buttons on your steering wheel and nothing happens, you don't have it, sorry dude.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have also been scratching my head about a lot of these things.....

Thank you for all your comments! I am at last a little relieved that my car doesn't have that feature (....yet.....). I bought my E46 330i 2 1/2 weeks ago and needed diapers when reading the manual or seeing the icons in the trunk about pre-wired phone, garage door opener, alarm, etc. etc. I love my car to the fullest degree, but I will get those few lil' features to fulfill it's full potential :)

I still have trouble accepting the fact that I used to sit in and drive a crapstang before this....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts