BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i removed my battery and now my radio wont work, i have the code, but how/when do i enter it?? i tried to enter it when i turned the radio on and it said "code" i put the 5 digit code and it beeps and nothing happens:mad: :dunno: can anyone help me????:bawling:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mattdk318i said:
give the code to the new owner. He'll know what to do with it
can you please stop being a smart ass and please help me, besides noone is offering me the 1000 so i guess im just going to keep it, so PLEASE HELP ME!!! THANX ^_^:cry:

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
im not being a smart ass. Use the preset numbers to enter the code when it asks for the code.
Thats it.

Matt

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but how do i do that? i turn it on and the radio says " code " then i put the code and it beeps and nothing happens!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how would i get the code?? dealer?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
takumei86 said:
how would i get the code?? dealer?
You need to get the code from the dealer........But double check that code, if you enter it wrong the first time, you have to wait about 2 hours after to re-put the code in........I went through all this sh!t to with my radio:tsk: ......If it doenst work, its better just to get another radio cause this will happen everytime you disconnect the battrey

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool, thanks very much!!! ^_^

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, thanks very much!!! ^_^

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Once you give it the 2 hour rest you have three shots at it. Then you have to wait again. i agree with replacing the radio, unless you're doing a concourse restoration. The 200 for an installed system like a Clarion, is well worth the end of the aggravation associated with entering the code after every battery disconnect, especially if you'r a DIY type. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio

I was told I could remove the radio with allen wrenches even though the owner's manuel said a special tool was needed. Tried the wrenches but, that doesn't do it. What do I
need and how do I do it? What numbers am I looking for to give to the BMW people? Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, there is a timeframe in which you have to wait it out, before entering the correct code.

I'm not too certain (haven't done this in awhile), but I believe that during this timeframe (1 hour, 2 hours, whichever), the radio has to be turned on. Someone will need to verify this.

Sometime ago, I recall taking a long drive with the wife and having the radio on (Code prompt visible) for the duration and entering the exact code when we arrived at our destination. There was no music only conversation.

Funny, I realized then that my wife and I haven't had such a good conversation/discussion in a long time...:thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hyundias did the same thing with their head units. It was a silly idea when it first came out. Most people just through them out till some of them realized Pioneer made the units. There is a site that has default codes for them. I just can't remember what site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts