BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
kiddluvbmw
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new too this site and I own a 2000 bmw 528i, with a m52tu engine. I'm replacing the primary and secondary timing chains, and the double vanos. I took it apart sloppy not knowing what I was doing which was stupid and now I don't know which bolt/nut goes to which part, which sensor plugs into where and am overall just confused when it comes to installing the timing chains and the double vanos. Could someone please help me.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
29,583 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

I moved your cry for help to the E39 forum (your car is an E39) where you should get some guidance. Check out the help thread at the top of the forum. The E39 guys have just about the most complete "how to do it yourself" thread of any Bimmerfest group.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm sure that others will chime in here shortly, but when I was in a similar situation with the M52, I used RealOEM and studied the diagrams. More often than not, you'll be able to find which bolt goes where.

Other good sources of information would be to find an online TIS (I know at least one still exists) and / or the dual Vanos writeup on the Beisan website.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'm new too this site and I own a 2000 bmw 528i, with a m52tu engine. I'm replacing the primary and secondary timing chains, and the double vanos. I took it apart sloppy not knowing what I was doing which was stupid and now I don't know which bolt/nut goes to which part, which sensor plugs into where and am overall just confused when it comes to installing the timing chains and the double vanos. Could someone please help me.
Welcome!!!

I'm not much on the m52tu, but, I sure there are people who can and will help you. Also, have you checked the search box at the top right? Youtube also has many detailed diy video's on the e39's

Jim

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Welcome to the Fest!
Definitely look through the links, do a search in the forum, and scavange for details.
You may want to go to realoem.com (or other parts databases) and put in your VIN. This will atleast tell you what parts go where. The hard part will be getting the bolt info and measuring against what you have.
The most costly (but possibly least time/effort) would be to get new parts from the sponsors of BFest. The. At least you would know X bolt goes here without having to measure and check L/R threading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts