BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Every 1 Im New To The Forum And Im Glad I Found A Place To Discuss Bmw Performance With Other Bimmer Fans. Im New To The Euro Scene I Used To Be A Jdm Guy But Ever Since I Got The E30 Im A Firm Believer In Bmw (gotta Love The Rear Wheel). Hopefully Someone Can Help Me Out Cuz Im A Speed Junkie And Im Feinding For Some More Power Out Of My Car. I Have A 91' 318is. Current Upgrades Consist Of A Powerflo Intake Kit From Bavarian Autosport, Full Cat-back Exhaust With 3" Piping, And 17" Rims, Alpine Deck, 2 12's With 1200 Watts, New Transmission, New Clutch. I Plan On Adding A Cpu, Short Shift Kit, And Some More Eye Candy To The Inside And Out. But Thats Not Enough For Me, I Really Want Some Power Out Thiis Biiitch. Ive Been Looking With Absolutely No Luck At All , For Either A Turbo Or Supercharger Kit, Headers, Internals, Etc. If Someone Knows Where I Can Locate These Items Or Any Items That Will Give Me Some Real Horsepower So I Can Continue To Annihilate All These Imports I Grrreeeeeaaaaaatlyyyyyyy Appreciate It. Thnks

Dr.green

·
Registered
294 Posts
take the 12s outta the trunk, that should be good for a few thenths :thumbup:

but really these are not straight line cars...they excel in the corners...

·
Registered
40 Posts
A 318i is an economy car. Nice, but nothing like a 325i (E30). Swap out an M3 engine? Anyway, what do I know, I rarely go over 40 mph.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
for the money you need to just do a M50 or S50 upgrade. Sell the accessories off of your M42 to fund the project.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
397 Posts
A 1991 318is is a unique and increasingly rare (in unmodified condition) automobile. It can provide real delight for the right owner - one who appreciates its handling and and fun, high-revving (but underpowered, vis a vis most BMWs) engine.

If your goal is truly

And Some More Eye Candy To The Inside And Out. But Thats Not Enough For Me, I Really Want Some Power Out Thiis Biiitch
then I suggest you have mercy on this automobile, subject it to no additional "Eye Candy" (shudder) modifications, and sell it. Use the proceeds to buy a "Biiitch" that is more in tune with your desires.

This is not a drag racer. If you put antlers on the head of a horse, you do not have a moose. You have a horse with antlers on its head, and are thus striving in a fool's paradise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts