BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Atlanta National Tour

I'm looking for someone to co-drive with me at the Atlanta National Tour (April 9-10) and/or the Atlanta ProSolo (April 16-17). We'll be in my nicely prepared 330i ZHP running in STX.

If interested, please let me know ASAP!!

Thanks,
Andy

·
Living on the redline
27,238 Posts
:mad: I have to fly into MN on Friday to see a customer and I'm not doing any Pro's this year :mad:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d prefer to find someone who has run at least one National Tour or ProSolo.

I plan to participate in the practice event on Both Fridays before the race, so my co-driver will be able to get some time in the car if you too can make it the practice event.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No takers. :(

Well, I got me a set of these, so I guess that will have to do for now. Pray for warm weather, these KDs need HEAT!!

·
Living on the redline
27,238 Posts
Saturday results :eeps: sorry Jon, I don't have time to image them out of pdf format :angel:

http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/solo-05atlanta-sat.pdf

dot-clyde-dot and Solo///M are sitting 5th and 6th respectively in B Stock with their RX8, clyde is about the same amount ahead of the M3 driver in 7th that finished behind him in Houston last week yet he is only 0.6 sec behind the leader :thumbup: , a very experienced Solo2 driver in a 350Z, in fact the first 4 spots are 350Z's

Andy is in 3rd with his 330iZHP, about 1 sec. behind the leader in STX, who also happens to be the Nat'l Champion, Andy coned away a run that would have put him within 0.5 sec :(

The lone Elise isn't doing too well in SS :eek: but the whole class is being creamed by a Porsche 911 GT3 :yikes:

Additional BMW stats:

a BMW 330ci is leading D Stock (Jack Burn)

an '05 Mini Cooper S leads G Stock (Mark Chiles)

an '05 Mini Cooper leads H Stock (Bob Smith Jr)

a BMW 3er leads D Street Prepared (Brian Flanigan)

·
Living on the redline
27,238 Posts
Mathew said:
Damn, I'm mad that I wasn't able to get out there this morning. :(
they'll probably be out there racing until 3 or 4 o'clock, might be too late now though :dunno:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TeamM3 said:
...Andy coned away a run that would have put him within 0.5 sec :(
Yeah, I hated that!! I left a lot of time on the course both yesterday and today. The 330i has some real potential in STX… the difference in time between Hoppe and I wasn't the car… it was the loose nut behind the wheel. :(

Scott from GRM was driving Todd Meade's Type-R and was sitting in 2nd only 3/10ths ahead of me after day 1. I thought for sure I would be able to make that 3/10ths up and pull off a 2nd place… but I was only able to gain a 10th on him today. :( I ended up 3rd overall and walked away with my first national trophy. Hoppe, I've got you in my sights bud!! ;)

I finally got a chance to meet John V. (Solo///M). John, you remind me a lot of my friends I have back home. Clyde, it was good to see you again!! I thought you guys drove really well this weekend!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice work!

Way to go Andy....it wouldn't have been fun to win it all the first event out in STX now.
Makes you come back next week.

Beautiful day back here in MI...was out playing with Mark's shocks at a fun corvette club event in Detroit. Makes the car much lighter on it 's feet...you can actually steer a bit with the right foot....and, yes, makes me want that LSD. Should be able to push Jack a bit more now....atleast that's the plan.

Andy, you are running the Toledo tour, right? We should talk before then.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mike48162 said:
Way to go Andy....it wouldn't have been fun to win it all the first event out in STX now.
Makes you come back next week.

Beautiful day back here in MI...was out playing with Mark's shocks at a fun corvette club event in Detroit. Makes the car much lighter on it 's feet...you can actually steer a bit with the right foot....and, yes, makes me want that LSD. Should be able to push Jack a bit more now....atleast that's the plan.

Andy, you are running the Toledo tour, right? We should talk before then.
Thanks Mike!! You are right about that though… I'm that much more motivated when I'm not winning. So maybe 3rd place was a good thing. :D

Yep, I'll be at the Toledo Tour for sure!!

Jack did pretty well in DS this weekend. He walked away with a 1st place finish. I'd like to see a close battle between you guys, that would be fun to watch.

See ya,
Andy

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.