BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=2627

Yet ANOTHER report that the xis DO have the check valve... I also exchanged a message with Matt at UUC, along with a few with a guy who claimed he'd had it done on USENET. Matt said that he had seen it on SOME E46s but not others. :dunno:

Anyone want to help me root around for the CDV on my car? Seems like a fun way to spend a Saturday (not for a few weeks, though). :)

Nick

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Did you follow some of the links on there? It appears Rob L. did post something about how to defeat the starter switch...

Rob's writeup

It looks pretty involved but shouldn't be impossible for a HACK :p If someone in L.A. is willing to donate a late model E46 and get the "harness" Rob is talking about here, I'm more than willing to spend a weekend with you to write up the procedures to modify the clutch starter switch. :)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Okay, from what I've gathered:

1) On the ETK you can not even select the part on my car...It says part is not installed on vehicle. '00 323Ci.

2) However, the part is selectible for cars produced PRIOR to 9/99. So I'm not certain it exist on those car unless I get an opportunity to get underneath one.

3) Several posters here have suggested that it DOES exist on Xis.

That leads me to believe that it does exist on pre 9/99 cars and Xi's only.

Those living in L.A...I would love an opportunity to poll our cars, get it up on jacks and look to see what models have it installed and what doesn't. If you're interested, drop me an email.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
The HACK said:
Okay, from what I've gathered:

1) On the ETK you can not even select the part on my car...It says part is not installed on vehicle. '00 323Ci.

2) However, the part is selectible for cars produced PRIOR to 9/99. So I'm not certain it exist on those car unless I get an opportunity to get underneath one.

That leads me to believe that it does exist on pre 9/99 cars and Xi's only.
So my ex 328Ci produced in 07/99 had one, but the current 10/99 doesn't...hmmm :eeps:

I did notice the cluch seemed a little different with the newer one :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.