BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry:i bougth one used from salvage yard and it has 225435 miles on it mine had 145324 how can i do that help me please

·
Import and Euro Fanatic
263 Posts
... i am going to say you probably can't without messing something up... as it is illegal to do, so they put measures in there to prevent that from happening. i tried to play with one that i had removed broken from a car once and i could pretty easily get it to go up, but not down...

my suggestion would be to make note of the current mileage of both guages, and then you can figure out actual mileage at any time with simple math. may want to take pics for proof if you ever decide to sell the car. on teh flip, a dealer may be able to set the guages to a certain mileage, but unlikely that you could talk them into doing so...

what guages are bad in the original setup? if teh head that the odo is on is good, then swap that whole part between the panels, then you would be right...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found software online which you can do that i am gonig to try do it on sunday let see what is gone a happpend

·
Registered
79 Posts
I need to roll mine back too. Im sure it will help the resale value:thumbup:

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
i need to roll mine back too. Im sure it will help the resale value
trash.

·
Import and Euro Fanatic
263 Posts
i think that one was a joke... but it is totally illegal.

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
well....

·
Registered
797 Posts
and a lot of stickers with brandnames on it

·
Don't ask me, I'm a sofa.
1,203 Posts
Just keep driving it, changing the oil regularly, eventually it will clock over again.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
:cry:i bougth one used from salvage yard and it has 225435 miles on it mine had 145324 how can i do that help me please
The mileage is stored on a plug on the back of the console. In fact, you should notice that there is a small red dot lit up on your new cluster by the trip mileage IIRC, because the mileage on it doesn't match the mileage recorded on the car's ECU.

I don't remember what it looks like (sorry, never done it, just seen photos), but swap the 2 plugs out. Search the boards and you should find info on it.Alternatively, call the dealer - they can read your ECU data, and reprogram the console to the correct mileage, but will probably charge you an hour or 2 labor for their 10 minutes of "work."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts