BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love with these cars. I almost have a wreck every time I see one!
Esp. the newer 7 series, damn sheniqua!
I'm not a millionaire so I think that the newer 5 series will be more realistic. I'm looking around for an 04 or 05 530. I'm thinking that the hit has been taken as far as depreciation is concernered on these cars. My questions are:
1- Am I correct in looking at slightly used models?
2- Has anyone had any experience with assuming leases?
3-Are there any common problems with this model that I should watch for?
Thanks in advance for any help, Peter

·
Happily Driving
7,205 Posts
Try a late model '05 or early '06, those are decent in terms or reliability. If you can get an '06, you'll get the updated I6 engine, which you will like better. Common issues in the later cars are really non-existant. Earlier cars have problems with door seals, window anti-trap, and iDrive bugs.

Do you need a vacation? Consider a new 525i through the European Delivery program- great savings, new car, and a trip to Europe!

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,025 Posts
Never understood the logic behind assuming a lease. You're making the same payment as the original owner, but get a used car, with a shortened warranty (and probably not your "first choice" in colors and options). All you're really saving is the up front acquisition cost, plus whatever cap cost reduction the first guy may have been foolish enough to plunk down.

Agree with ME530 that leasing a 525 through Euro Delivery would prolly be a better alternative - the '07 525's have similar power to the '04 and '05 530's, your payments will be just about identical, and you get your choice of colors and options. Plus yur wife is dying to see Europe!

We have homes in Duxbury and Cotuit. The folks at Transatlantic are great, but they don't do much volume and tend not to be competitive. Had a mediocre experience at Gallery in Norwell, so I got both my current cars at BMW Peabody. Big volume dealer, very professional, was able to negotiate very good deals on both cars. Plus they understand Euro Delivery (which not every dealer does). Service is not a problem as they send a driver to Duxbury or Cotuit with a loaner car (525 or X5), then bring mine back when the service is done.

PM me if you'd like the name of my salesman there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.