BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
540 - Cruise Control

Cruise control as a option? :thumbdwn: On I assume a $40kish car, most budget cars come standard with it. I hate when bimmer nickels and dimes.

Jeff

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: I posted the Z4 Ordering Guide info

Jon Shafer said:
Good job Sean!
:thumbup::thumbup:

Now, just scan it and post it here...
:D
Thanks Jon! :D

It was faxed so I only have it in black & white.

·
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff_DML said:
540 - Cruise Control

Cruise control as a option? :thumbdwn: On I assume a $40kish car, most budget cars come standard with it. I hate when bimmer nickels and dimes.

Jeff
When I ordered my former 99 Z3 2.3 in Aug. 98, cruise control and foglights were options.

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Sean said:

When I ordered my former 99 Z3 2.3 in Aug. 98, cruise control and foglights were options.
Yea I know, same with the 3 series. If cruise was still a option on our wagon then we might of been driving a Audi A4 avant right now.

I like choices on options but to me cruise control is not a option. I see no reason not to have it. Sunroofs, leather, even fog lights are understandable for options. Especially figuring the only option on our wagon we choose was Xenon's and the sport package.:D

Jeff

·
BFE 2003
95 Posts
lol..optional cruise control..thats absurd; at least in the earlier cars, it included a controller, an actuator, and the cables, etc. Now with the electronic throttle, at most the cruise control is a circuit board, and if its DME controlled its a program.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Jeff_DML said:
Good point, I forgot about that. Those lines of code are very expensive:D
Kinda like the OBC. The entire computer is there, all you need is the stalk to control it. :confused:

Pissed off non-OBC owner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts