BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I pulled the trigger and bought myself a 2001 bmw 330ci silver/black manual for 4.2k with 120k miles. It has misfires on cyl 4 and 5. I will using the great guide written on this board for help. I suspecting ccv, intake boot or vacuum hoses causing the misfires. Bank 2 is in open-fault mode the entire time. The car does idle fine and drives fine. Here is a crappy picture for now and I will be updating as I discover, fix issues. I look forward to writting DIY's too.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
Nice car....good luck with it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
$4.2K for a 330ci? That's a steal, and given that you're not afraid to work on it, it sounds like you made a great buy. It also sounds like your immediate problems aren't that serious. And if your misfire is caused by the DISA valve, that thing is a piece of cake to replace. Congrats, and keep us posted on the troubleshooting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Update #2: I did inspection of the DISA valve and its perfectly fine. My Service Engine Soon stay off but I do have my code scanner logging data so I can review it later for anything unusual. The cooling system was overhaul today along with new belts and tensioners. I need to get use to the fact that my bmw is not a honda and 7qt oil changes is a normal thing. haha.... Im going to change the fuel filter, transmission fluid and differential fluid tomorrow. I will also change the brake wear sensors if time permits since the last owner didn't change them.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
. I will also change the brake wear sensors if time permits since the last owner didn't change them.
Unless they were tripped, there`s no reason to change them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Four , Two K

Man that was a good bye, I have the same car the same year, and about the sames miles.
Keep a weather eye on the coolant box, at about the miles you and I have, the plastic tends to degrade and you get leaks, it can ruin your day.
Not expensive to replace.
Nice looking car, good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm replacing the radiator with a all alum radiator. I found A leak at the end tank. I'm try to figure out a way to get rid of the expansion tank. This way I can rid of another weak part of the system.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Bimmer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.