BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I really wish the 330iT would come to US

1401 22
I currently live in the UK, and driving home from work Friday I followed a Saphire Black '02 330iT with sport package. It looked sweet! I am not a fan of the type 72 wheels, but they looked really good on the wagon. Here in the UK, the SP also includes the M front spoiler, so the new headlight design was really enhanced by the agressive spoiler.

I thought it was a custom badging job, so I went to the BMW UK website, and sure enough there it was...

Yesterday, when scheduling a service appt at the dealer, they were prepping a 530 Touring for delivery.

Ahh...to only get one or the other in the US:banghead: For me either would be the perfect family-mobile. The 540 is way out of my tax bracket and I yearn for a little more hp then what the 2.5L delivers.

I realize that in the US one would steal sales from the other, but I would think that there would be a real interest for at least the 530 Touring, esp if they used it to replace the 525 Touring.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Better yet, how about a 330d Touring!

:confused:

Patrick
Even better...an engine option other than the 2.5L in the US :cry:
Patrick 320d said:

Patrick
318Ti?

Even better...an engine option other than the 2.5L in the US :cry:
That wouldn't be half bad either. I would like the mileage you could get with the diesel engine.

I drove a 320d sedan as a loaner and it wasn't too bad. The only way I knew it was diesel was the little glow plug light on the dash that lit up when I started the engine. The engine was VERY smooth and didn't have the stereotypical knocking sound. Overall hp wasn't that great, but the low end tourque made acceleration liveable.
Patrick 320d said:

Patrick
I'm still waiting for that 545iT in 2004.

I wonder if there will be a 545iT/6

Though, SMG woudn't be bad :)
atyclb said:
I'm still waiting for that 545iT in 2004.

I hope that you waited for the glow plug light to go OFF before you started the engine!! :D Replacing those plugs is not so cheap ...

I am very happy with my 320d: fuel economy is excellent and like you mention, it does drive just like a gasoline powered 3er.

BTW, fuel economy of the 3.0 liter diesel is not that much better than 2.5 liter gasoline engine.

Patrick
Desertnate said:
I drove a 320d sedan as a loaner and it wasn't too bad. The only way I knew it was diesel was the little glow plug light on the dash that lit up when I started the engine. The engine was VERY smooth and didn't have the stereotypical knocking sound. Overall hp wasn't that great, but the low end tourque made acceleration liveable.
LOL.

We do have the 316i over here - but the engine is actually 1.9 liter capacity. VANOS as well, I believe.

Patrick
JST said:
Why does this make me want to rebadge my wagon? :confused:
Patrick 320d said:
:D I can get you a 330d badge ... :D

Patrick
Why does this make me want to rebadge my wagon? :confused:
hehe...can I put an //M in front of it?
Patrick 320d said:

:D I can get you a 330d badge ... :D

Patrick
That doesn't add any HP with the diesel models, but it does decrease fuel economy by as much as 1.5 liters/100km ... :confused:

Patrick
hehe...can I put an //M in front of it?
LOL, yeah, so 10 out of the 700 sold annually will be 6-speed. :lmao:

I hate North Americans. :banghead:
nate328Ci said:

I wonder if there will be a 545iT/6

Though, SMG woudn't be bad :)
Given that more 530s than 525s are sold here in this country, I suspect that a 530iT would sell better than the 525iT.

I'm sure the 325iT cannibalizes sales from the 5'er. The 525 is a bit big to be so underpowered. BMW should consign the low end wagon market to the 325s and move up a bit with a 530iT.
That can't be in the US...or is it? IS there hope for the diesels in the US. I was under the impression that the high sulphur content in the US diesels was bad for the European engines.

While the 3.0d is a good engine, I still would prefer the 3.0 petrol engine for the extra hp.
Very kewl!

There is BTW, a BMW 4.0 liter diesel found in the E38 740d ... :yikes:

Patrick
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Guess what is this then? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.