Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car in Munich on 17 May and wailed it around Germany until I dropped it off back in Munich on the 26th. The Owner's Circle web page says it is awaiting shipment and the BMW help line people say it was put on a train for Bremerhaven on the 21st of May, when I was driving it around Stuttgart! Does anyone have an idea where I can call to try to track it down? My dealer isn't having any more luck than I am. While 11 days of eating nothing but deep fried pig's knees (schweinhax'n) was pretty nice, I'm starting to worry now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They lose track of the car after ED pickup. When I would call for tracking, I would get a different answer every time: "on a boat to South Carolina" after telling me two days earlier that "it is in N.J. awaiting customs clearence". I had problems tracking it right up to delivery day.:tsk:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
I called and my car was never shippped or any signs of my VIN or car at all. No record at all, until my dealer callled and said it was here?!?!?!?! crazy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found

They found it on a ship called the Trinidad, due in the 23rd. It's still lost according to Owner's Circle. Does anyone know what shipping company BMW uses?

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Found

mffitz said:
They found it on a ship called the Trinidad, due in the 23rd. It's still lost according to Owner's Circle. Does anyone know what shipping company BMW uses?
Like I said earlier, I spent my time trying to find mine and it was never found out at sea or even my VIN number didnt exist, then it all the sudden showed up and was ready for me to pick up :dunno: so next time I will forget about it until they call me

·
Meat Puppet
211 Posts
After going through this similar hell...

The BMW customer service number AND the owners circle, are WORTHLESS for tracking between Pickup in Munich, and arrival at the VPC. The BMW European Delivery department has tracking info during this period, but it tends to be 4-5 days old. I believe this is due to the handoff between EH Harms and the shipping company.

When it arrives at the US port, clears customs, and hits the VPC it shows up again on the BMW Customer service computer.

It will never show on the owners circle again... I had mine waiting for shipment for 3 months after I was driving it here in the US. An email to BMW cust service, and 5 days later it was fixed (removed from tracking on Owners circle).

Hang in there, the wait is pretty painfull. Expect to notice the crappy roads here in the US when you get your car back. I drove around for the first week wondering if my suspension was damaged as the ride quality was rather bumpy compared to Germany.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts