BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I was pissed off to find out that I could no longer order the exact 05 325it I wanted.

So, I did this insane search across the country trying to find a new 05 325it in a manual fully loaded with sand or natural brown leather in a dealers lot. I must have called 60+ dealerships looking for this car. Tons of Auto's out there, lots of bare bone cars too.

Every dealer told me that the car I wanted did not exist, it just was not out there. Apparently a manual wagon fully loaded is a rare car, and with only 90 wagons coming to the USA in 05 GOOD LUCK!

Only one sales guy (out of 60+ dealerships) at a Dealer in CA (I’m in FL) picked up the phone called Munich Germany, and found (very oddly) the EXACT CAR I was looking for, just sitting in the factory parking lot since DEC un-claimed!

It's MINE, and it's on the boat now. Can't wait till it gets here! :rofl:

How can I find out if this is the last one made?

·
Officially Festered
80 Posts
rover73 said:
A few weeks ago, I was pissed off to find out that I could no longer order the exact 05 325it I wanted.

So, I did this insane search across the country trying to find a new 05 325it in a manual fully loaded with sand or natural brown leather in a dealers lot. I must have called 60+ dealerships looking for this car. Tons of Auto's out there, lots of bare bone cars too.

Every dealer told me that the car I wanted did not exist, it just was not out there. Apparently a manual wagon fully loaded is a rare car, and with only 90 wagons coming to the USA in 05 GOOD LUCK!

Only one sales guy (out of 60+ dealerships) at a Dealer in CA (I'm in FL) picked up the phone called Munich Germany, and found (very oddly) the EXACT CAR I was looking for, just sitting in the factory parking lot since DEC un-claimed!

It's MINE, and it's on the boat now. Can't wait till it gets here! :rofl:

How can I find out if this is the last one made?
Do you know what the VIN Number is yet?
We can compare VIN numbers to see which one was produced later.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
rover73 said:
last 7 # are EZ15738
How did they explain the fact that the car has been (and still is) sitting in Germany since December?

FYI-- production date is 12/16/04.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SARAFIL said:
How did they explain the fact that the car has been (and still is) sitting in Germany since December?

Nobody can give me an answer on why it was still there. They have no clue. They also told me it would be on the boat today. hummmm

How can you tell where the car is ? Is there a tracking website or something?

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,847 Posts
rover73 said:
Nobody can give me an answer on why it was still there. They have no clue. They also told me it would be on the boat today. hummmm

How can you tell where the car is ? Is there a tracking website or something?
The shipping web site is http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp.

Click "cargo tracking", then "Auto cargo" (on right side list), enter complete VIN in the "Cargo ID" block and hit "track". It will tell you what ship it's on and when it was loaded. You can then go back to the main page and hit "Schedules" and enter the ship name or voyage number (I think both are given on the cargo tracking page). Oh, for those, choose the correct "search by" choices on the right side of the schedule page. You can then see the dates the ship will reach its scheduled ports. Good luck!

Edit -- if it was loaded today, it might not show the status until they do the info update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
markl53 said:
The shipping web site is http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp.

Click "cargo tracking", then "Auto cargo" (on right side list), enter complete VIN in the "Cargo ID" block and hit "track". It will tell you what ship it's on and when it was loaded. You can then go back to the main page and hit "Schedules" and enter the ship name or voyage number (I think both are given on the cargo tracking page). Oh, for those, choose the correct "search by" choices on the right side of the schedule page. You can then see the dates the ship will reach its scheduled ports. Good luck!

Edit -- if it was loaded today, it might not show the status until they do the info update.
Thank you for your help. :thumbup:

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Good for you Rover 73.
That sounds like the wagon I TRIED to order back in December but I was told I was too late.
What colour is it?
I ended up with an '04 325xiT in Orient Blue and am very happy with it. Had to retrofit the Nav, but that was kinds fun, looking back on it.

·
Officially Festered
80 Posts
SARAFIL said:

Sarafil, If the VIN Number for this car is EZ15738 and EZ15740 for my car,
could you check the data base to see if there is an EZ15741, EZ15742, etc?

Can you find the last U.S. spec Touring with these VIN Numbers?

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,847 Posts
UncleDon said:

How about we just say you have it?? You win!! :rolleyes: :tsk: :D .

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
UncleDon said:

There is an EZ15741. Still looking to see if there are any others.

Also, keep in mind that EZ----- designates a manual-tranny E46 wagon. There are many more auto-tranny wagons that have a different VIN designation than EZ-----, so you can't really tell what was the last wagon. Unfortunately, I can tell you that yours isn't it.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
SARAFIL said:

Also, keep in mind that EZ----- designates a manual-tranny E46 wagon. There are many more auto-tranny wagons that have a different VIN designation than EZ-----, so you can't really tell what was the last wagon. Unfortunately, I can tell you that yours isn't it.
Is it a strict MT vs AT split? In 01, there were 2 VIN SN prefixes for Tourings. EN, like mine, and ET. I never figured out what the difference was. Starting in 02, the xiT became a separate model, but that wasn't the case in 01, and I recall doing a small survey either here or back on Toadfly, and saw any combination of AWD, RWD, MT and AT between both EN and ET.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bob Clevenger said:
Good for you Rover 73.
That sounds like the wagon I TRIED to order back in December but I was told I was too late.
What colour is it?
I ended up with an '04 325xiT in Orient Blue and am very happy with it. Had to retrofit the Nav, but that was kinds fun, looking back on it.
I got the Mistic blue with sand leather.

·
Officially Festered
80 Posts
SARAFIL said:

Thanks for taking the time to check. At least I know for certain now.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
Kaz said:
Is it a strict MT vs AT split? In 01, there were 2 VIN SN prefixes for Tourings. EN, like mine, and ET. I never figured out what the difference was. Starting in 02, the xiT became a separate model, but that wasn't the case in 01, and I recall doing a small survey either here or back on Toadfly, and saw any combination of AWD, RWD, MT and AT between both EN and ET.
When you see differences like that, they are usually always MT vs. AT. Of course, sometimes there are multiple codes for a model on top of the AT vs. MT issue. Now you know. ;)

Examples: South African 325s are NH (MT), vs. NG or NJ (AT)
X5s are LH, LV, LU (AT) vs. LB (MT)

·
Registered
46 Posts
EZ15741 just landed in my driveway!

had been my oldest grandson's. It's Texas. He wanted a pick-up. I got the touring for my latest project.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts