BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all --

I've been lurking for awhile since I bought my '05 Imola Red ZHP. I've been trying out differents products on a fairly regular basis, trying to find my favorites. I started with Klasse AIO and SG. Then I topped that with Souveran. Not bad, though this was early in my detailing experience and I had a really hard time removing the SG - so that kind of killed it for me. Next up I bought a PC orbital and the Menzerna family. Did a complete Intensive/Final Polish II and clay job. Topped that with Finishing Touch Glaze and then FMJ. I loved the looked, but the slickness went away pretty quickly. Maybe b/c I didn't have any of their acrylic spray to "rejuvenate" the FMJ. FMJ also seemed to "brighten" the red.

Finally, this weekend I stripped off all of the Menzerna products, re-clayed, polished the hood with some Poorboys SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 (to remove some very faint scratches/swirls), a coat of Klasse AIO and then hit the car with some Zaino Z2Pro/ZFX. I did 4 (!) coats, with Z8 in between (I don't have any Z6). I think I have figured out how to apply it THIN -- I got four coats from less than one ounce...

Oh, I also hit the wheels with AIO and then some SG...

Bottom line...I love the Zaino Z2Pro/Z8 combination -- the gloss and slickness are unmatched (and I hear the durability is killer). I just wish I had a use for all the other...ummm..."stufff" I bought.

Has anyone topped Zaino with Pinnacle Souveran? I know Zaino best practice is not to top it, but I am so dying to use that stuff (it cost me a lot of money).

I attached some pics...they're not the best, but I hope you like. I'm proud of my baby!

Cheers...
wineguy330zhp

Attachments

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Beautiful!!! Another Zaino convert too. Time to get out the sunglasses - that is incredibly reflective. So does it look wet in person?

·
racer wannabe
3,311 Posts
Well, you can always give other stuff away to friends, neighbors, etc.

Many of us went through the same, just ask Propellerhead, last year his 3 cars and mine had all different product combinations but this spring all 4 cars ended up with Zaino. I still don't know why I ever stopped using this stuff, I guess I wanted to experiment a little.
Before new Z2 Pro and Z8 I could see why some would like to use good carnauba on top to bring more warmth and depth but with these new products there is nothing to be gained and you'll compromise durability. I would just layer few more coats of Z2 Pro, the finish will get even deeper.

Don't forget to post pics after you reach 10 coats! ;)

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
F1Crazy said:
Before new Z2 Pro and Z8 I could see why some would like to use good carnauba on top to bring more warmth and depth but with these new products there is nothing to be gained and you'll compromise durability. I would just layer few more coats of Z2 Pro, the finish will get even deeper.
I'll believe it, when I used it ;)

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,625 Posts
F1Crazy said:
I still don't know why I ever stopped using this stuff, I guess I wanted to experiment a little.
And play mind games with me! :mad:

Anyone need Einzette Perl Glanz shampoo?

Klasse Sealant Glaze?

:shuffle through car car cabinet

WTF is Spruh Wax? :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2011 X5 diesel, 371,000kms as of May 2021
875 Posts
Beautiful looking car, how many miles on it?

I'm benefitting from y'alls experience...got my Zaino box today, will be applying to my black 325i this weekend...wish me luck!

All my leftover wash stuff etc, I'll use on my '98 Jimmy and my wife's steel blue X5.

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,625 Posts
stewthebassman said:
All my leftover wash stuff etc, I'll use on my '98 Jimmy and my wife's steel blue X5.
Yeap- That was my plan as well... then I began to notice that I could just wash, dry, and Z6/8 my Zaino'ed cars and BOOM. Looked like fresh detail.

:sigh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stewthebassman said:
Beautiful looking car, how many miles on it?

I'm benefitting from y'alls experience...got my Zaino box today, will be applying to my black 325i this weekend...wish me luck!

Thanks stewthebassman...just passed 3200 miles yesterday. God, I love this car!

Enjoy the Zaino. Its REALLY good stuff...take that from someone who spent several hundred bucks on just about everything else out there...

And boy to I love the smell of the Z7 shampoo...you think its safe to put in a martini?

Cheers,
wineguy330zhp

·
Registered
2011 X5 diesel, 371,000kms as of May 2021
875 Posts
Ha ha! I love the smell too. And I find that with the Zaino wash the water falls off my car better, i.e. no spotting. I'm truly amazed. I only had time and weather for a wash and a coat of polish. It's very nice, but this weekend I'll clay bar it etc.

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,625 Posts
stewthebassman said:
Ha ha! I love the smell too. And I find that with the Zaino wash the water falls off my car better,
I really think this is the polish underneath, not the wash. I put another two coats on the X this weekend and I have been admiring the finish since. Where I work, the sunset shows every swirl or cut as you walk out to your car. One major difference in the Zaino and the Klasse SG is the color the Zaino lets through. Most people thought the truck was black with SG. They see it as a VERY clean green, now.

It makes me reconsider my distaste for Oxford Green.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts