BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my tech buddy do some work on my baby yesterday. First things first the vibration is almost totally gone since the install of my new upper control arms/bushings!! :thumbup: I say almost because he feels some of the shake has to do with the failure to use hubcentric rings when mounting the wheels... so I'll get them and stick them on and see.

Now on to the real issue!!

The front of my car sounds like an old door hinge... it squeaks like a rubby ducky!! :mad: He said he could't figure it out and niether could other guys on his team. They said it was pad to rotor noise but I rejected that idea since sound can be made at a complete stop in park. He called me later to see if both front brakes made the squeak which he admitted he did not check. And interestingly enough only my drivers side makes the noise. So I gave hima ring just now and his suggestion... replace it :dunno:

Now I get hooked up with labor and parts so he isn't out to rip me off but I'm thinking there could be another way. Any suggestions or ideas guys?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
failing front wheel hubs will cause a phantom suspension/brake shimmy. with the wheel in the air, spin and see if you hear some clicking.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shimmy isn't my real issue

I know the slightly noticable shimmy is from my failure to install hubcentric rings when putting my wheels on. The problem thats making me nuts is the friggin caliper squeak!! God its driving me insane!! :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.