BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Driver
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could NEVER fathom a hoseless car wash however.... last week my first bottle of ONR came. I made a QD solution and wiped my car down (was only a little dusty). I also cleaned off my wheels with it.

A week later, I decided to do a conventional hose wash today and added a capfull to my wash soap.

First, I am extraordinarily impressed with the feel of the finish but the amazing part was that in spite of every product I've ever used on my wheels, when I sprayed them with the hose - all the brake dust rinsed off! I mean it all came off. Before I actually washed them.

More reviews as the weeks go by but, I have just had a remarkable first impression.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You might want to move this to the Detail section, but I love ONR. It works great, doesnt scratch the car and half a bucket is all I need.

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
ONR seems scary to use but I might give it a try. I guess you have not done the full blown hoseless wash yet. That part really makes me go :eek:

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Does the ONR work with real dirty (such as a collection of road grime from driving in rain or slush) finishes? Or, just the lightly dirty (dusty)?

·
Registered
407 Posts
ONR works amazingly well... it's by far my favorite wash choice. Works on a very dirty car as well, although I like to spray down the car first in that case (probably don't have to unless it's muddy and stuff)

·
Registered
459 Posts
-

Is ONR an acronym of the product's name or the name of the wash product, per se? Never heard of it but sounds like I should try it.

Edit: OK, I found the product via Google. Hmm, the idea of going hoseless w/ all the dust and grit around my neck of the woods freaks me out a little :eek:

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
After reading the ONR website, what is the purpose of adding some of it to your conventional car wash? I thought the idea was that there is no soap, so it needs to not be rinsed off. Adding it to the soap would seem to defeat the purpose.

I am currently using Meguiar's Gold Class wash but still struggle with water spots. Would ONR help at all with that?

·
///M+AMG=?
577 Posts
After reading the ONR website, what is the purpose of adding some of it to your conventional car wash? I thought the idea was that there is no soap, so it needs to not be rinsed off. Adding it to the soap would seem to defeat the purpose.

I am currently using Meguiar's Gold Class wash but still struggle with water spots. Would ONR help at all with that?
Never had problems w/ water spots :)

ONR simply rocks and I can fully detail my car in 20- mins w/ a bucket of water

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Alright, it's on my list of things to get for the vehicle... ;)

If they have a referral system I'll put you guys' name on it.

·
Driver
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't done the bucket only wash yet, but my confidence is growing each use and I feel the finish. I told my wife to walk out into the garage tonite... when she asked why, I told her because my car looks like a commercial is being filmed.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Alright, it's on my list of things to get for the vehicle... ;)

If they have a referral system I'll put you guys' name on it.
+1. Curiosity overwhelms. If ONR is all it is claimed to be, it would be quite the labor saver.

·
BMW d Driver
1,123 Posts
I have had a bottle of it for awhile, works great in my normal wash water...one of these days I need to try using it as the wash completely....

·
Registered
407 Posts
I always used it as a standalone wash... it works amazingly well.. I've never tried adding it to your normal wash solution though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I purchased ONR so i could wash my car in the garage since it's getting too cold to do it outside.

My setup is:

1 spray bottle with water
1 spray bottle with diluted ONR
1 bucket with water and MF towels
1 bucket to sit on :)
Plenty of MF towels so you aren't using the same towels that get dirty for the entire car.

for the wheels i use Megs Hot RIms, it get's rid of brake dust very well.
Then I follow up with Megs quick detailer... and now my garage smells REALLY nice :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
What's the solution for areas that get snow? Cars get all the grime from winter weather including salt and all the other stuff from the roads.

How do you do a "waterless" wash in the garage of a car that dirty? Especially if the temperature is below 45F?

·
Registered
407 Posts
What's the solution for areas that get snow? Cars get all the grime from winter weather including salt and all the other stuff from the roads.

How do you do a "waterless" wash in the garage of a car that dirty? Especially if the temperature is below 45F?
This isn't a waterless wash. It's merely a no-rinse wash. You use plenty of water to wash the car and then once clean immediately dry it with a mf towel.

·
Registered
762 Posts

The idea is increased lubrication ... all those swirls and micro- scratches come from somewhere, and often it is just the act of washing a car and rubbing the dirt back and forth across the surface.

I use a foam gun before I wash, with a little ONR added to the solution -- my intent is to remove as much stuff from the surface as I can before washing with {two bucket method, and two wool mitts).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts