BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Yes I also like my Drive By Wire logic very much.

The one and ONLY odd thing is does it is when your foot is off the gas pedal then you stomp on it... there is a short (1/2 sec) delay before it really goes for full power. My guess is this is a stupidity check to keep people from ramming into their garage wall. It is like the computer says… full throttle…. Are you sure… well OK you got it.

Compared to the E36 and E46 M3 the engine is just not able to rev as quickly. I do not think it's slower rev speed is the fault of drive by wire, I think it has to do with mechanical differences. Maybe it is nothing more than a heavier fly-wheel?

Once you are on the gas and driving like at an autox cross I find the E46 DBW system to be very precise and satisfactory to my needs. Honestly no complaints at all for competition use.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
CD-55 said:
Yes I also like my Drive By Wire logic very much.

The one and ONLY odd thing is does it is when your foot is off the gas pedal then you stomp on it... there is a short (1/2 sec) delay before it really goes for full power. My guess is this is a stupidity check to keep people from ramming into their garage wall. It is like the computer says… full throttle…. Are you sure… well OK you got it.

EDIT: WHEN MY 330Ci...Compared to the E36 and E46 M3 the engine is just not able to rev as quickly. I do not think it's slower rev speed is the fault of drive by wire, I think it has to do with mechanical differences. Maybe it is nothing more than a heavier fly-wheel?

Once you are on the gas and driving like at an autox cross I find the E46 DBW system to be very precise and satisfactory to my needs. Honestly no complaints at all for competition use.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
TD said:
You boggle my mind. The damn thing won't blip, so how in the world can it make heel-toe EASIER? That defies reason. And it's quite the opposite of the truth.
I will give ya that point... The M-cars rev faster which should make heal-toe eaiser, but I can still manage to heal-toe fine with my DBW car, but your M would be even eaiser.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
nate328Ci said:

It does, and is very easy to blip :)

I think this particular 330 was an Oct. 00 build :D

We have several enthusasts here that agree and my observations back to back yesterday tell me that the DBW is much easier to rev-match :)
Mine is also an 00 Oct build... It is very good, but I think the M3 (E46 and E36) are even better because the rev faster and without the slightest delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.