BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Does everyone really think there's a delay w/ all DBW cars? My 325i doesn't seem to have any delay. I have noticed that 330s w/ automatic transmissions exhibit delays-- but i've never noticed it on any of the manual cars-- especially 325s. In fact, I think my DBW feels more responsive than the 323s and 328s i've driven. I would still prefer a better pedal feel-- but I think once my sticky pedal is replaced-- i'll be very happy w/ it.

·
10,856 Posts
robg said:
Does everyone really think there's a delay w/ all DBW cars? My 325i doesn't seem to have any delay. I have noticed that 330s w/ automatic transmissions exhibit delays-- but i've never noticed it on any of the manual cars-- especially 325s. In fact, I think my DBW feels more responsive than the 323s and 328s i've driven. I would still prefer a better pedal feel-- but I think once my sticky pedal is replaced-- i'll be very happy w/ it.
Yes, I do.

Every time I've let my sister drive my car, she *****es about the throttle lag, too. (I'd never even mentioned it to her beforehand.)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Another pointless discussion. DBW is here to stay so quit biotchin and shutup an drive. Too many broken records round here. :rolleyes:

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
My E46 M3 blips the throttle very well. My old 325 didn't do quite as well - there was a delay as people have said. But it wasn't so bad. It certainly seems it's possible to get it right (as with the M), and I also think that dbw lends itself to finessing the pedal a bit more.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My 01330ci step was a little frustrating when trying to shift. The lag was there in the acceleration too, but when it get's going, it's pretty good. I wish the pedal was a little more resistant. That first 2cm of travel is like the safety valve so we don't wreck folks. heh
I feel that the transmission software from Dinan does help,as does their Engine Software as it pertains to shift lag. Even with these mods, the lag exists, I solve it mostly by downshifting the step. I deal with it...it's a great car and wouldn't trade it back for my 91 pathfinder and whatever linkage it had. I want to get into autox and all that good stuff, and take classes before I get my desired M3

Gotta get some gold wires so the signal to the pedal is the best, Monster Cable that thing Hans! ;)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.