BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,047 Posts
es said:
...the guy said that even cruize was working fine.
Has anyone done that here before?
If you're a tinkerer, it's easy. I can probably swap it out in about 15 mins or so.

Getting the airbag out (disconnect the battery before you do this) can be tricky if you've never done it before. If you're uneasy about messing with airbags and the like that could blow up in your face if you don't take the right precautions, have the dealer do it or an independent shop.

· Registered
985 Posts
If you have a non-multi-function steering wheel, doesn't that mean you have no cruise control?

I ordered my car without cruise control and got the non-MF wheel. I assumed some control module or such would be missing.

What is the extent of the changes required?

7,047 Posts
You might be able to get the wheel with or without the multi-function button module.

32 34 7 919 218 is the part for the wheel with multi-function that comes in the ZHP package.

32 34 7 919 217 is the wheel with no multi-function module.

If you wish you can transplant the multifunction button module from the stock sport wheel to the new wheel.

7,047 Posts
es said:
I have non sport standard wheel.
Then you'll need the wheel with the multi-function buttons (if you want to retain your stereo controls and stuff), and a new airbag. Non-sport wheels have a big rectangular looking airbag instead of the small round airbag.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if that is true then it is pretty simple, easy plug and play.

I was told that I would need some other wiring because if i just get MF steering wheel and round airbag it is not enough.

7,047 Posts
es said:
I was told that I would need some other wiring because if i just get MF steering wheel and round airbag it is not enough.
I guess it's possible you might need some other wiring but I did not need anything. Direct replacement for me.

Oh... the type of airbag (in regards to wiring) may be different if you have an earlier E46 but I'm not 100% certain on that... I have a MY03 car and I used my existing round airbag so it was a direct replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.