BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is complete and utter b.s. what Ferrari pulled on Sunday in Austria. RB was dominant the entire weekend and had won the race outright. The running order does not impact Ferrari's constructor points. Isn't competition the main point for these races? Why should the inferior driver in a particular race be given the race?

I will not watch another F1 race this year, and I hope BMW will pull their effort from Formula Crap and fans around the world should boycott Ferrari and all of Ferrari's sponsors.
 

·
I'm a Mac
Joined
·
17,699 Posts
Me too! I'm sticking with you Dan. I hereby promise NOT to watch another F1 race for the rest of this season! (BTW, exactly how many races are we going to miss?).

:D
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hts said:
Me too! I'm sticking with you Dan. I hereby promise NOT to watch another F1 race for the rest of this season! (BTW, exactly how many races are we going to miss?).

:D
Do you even know what Formula 1 is, Harrison? :confused:
 

·
I'm a Mac
Joined
·
17,699 Posts

·
Gone Motoring!
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Ferrari's too strong anyway... kindda like how McLaren was with the Porsche V10 (?) when Prost and ppl were driving for McLaren... I thought William BMW was close but that's not true with Ferrari's new cars, pretty insane.

I too think that was total B.S., RB was a better man than I am. I don't think I could've done that... that's completely insane!

--Andrew
 

·
Crazy Canadian
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
Everyone is unhappy with the move, including both drivers. It is purely strategy to ensure that Ferrari takes the world championship. You never know what could happen in the next races. We're talking about a LOT of money.

Besides - everyone knows who the real winner is and even Michael acknowledges that. Why should one number and points stand in the way of enjoying something?
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Cool, I'm with ya too! I'll stick with WRC! :thumb:
I LOVE watching WRC. :thumb: But I'm sorta getting tired of SPEED showing the same race every weekend. At least there will be a new race this coming weekend.

Also, team orders are a big part of WRC, except that its not as obvious there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
I disliked Ferrari before this race and like them even less now. I blame Michael as much as anyone. He has enough clout within the team to disobey team orders. What are they going to do...fire the worlds best driver! Can't say I'm going to boycott F1, however. Got tickets and hotel room for Montreal and I can't wait. If anyone from the States are thinking about attending an F1 race, I highly recommend Montreal over the USGP. I've been to both and Canada is much better. Besides, the girls in Montreal are just incredible.
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
richard said:
I disliked Ferrari before this race and like them even less now. I blame Michael as much as anyone. He has enough clout within the team to disobey team orders. What are they going to do...fire the worlds best driver! Can't say I'm going to boycott F1, however. Got tickets and hotel room for Montreal and I can't wait. If anyone from the States are thinking about attending an F1 race, I highly recommend Montreal over the USGP. I've been to both and Canada is much better. Besides, the girls in Montreal are just incredible.
Well, yeah, and fans in Montreal won't ask why the car is turning right sometimes.
 

·
M Mad
Joined
·
10,476 Posts
Step back. Put yourself int he team manager's shoes. What would you have done, REALLY?

Be a nice guy and let Ruben's win? And lose your job because BMW-WIlliams comes on strong and Michael loses the championship by 3 points?

Or make the smart (from a business point of view and it IS a business) and put the long term good of the team (and the sponsor's money) on giving yourself the best shot at winning the championship?

I don't like it, but I think Michael handled it with as much class as anyone could have.

No waving on the "victory" lap.

First thing he did out of the car was hug and talk to Rubens.

Put Rubens on the top of the podium and gave him the trophy.

And did you notice, the only one Michael sprayed with the champagne was Rubens? No spraying the crowd, no spraying Juan Pablo.

And personally, I bet that later, if the championship is in hand, Michael will let Rubens win more than one if he is running well.

Everybody knows who won, the only thing it changed was the championship points race.

Heck, probably the most interesting race in recent F1 history (not at the front, but the rest of the field) and all anyone can talk about is hating Ferrari.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,705 Posts
Pinecone said:
....Or make the smart (from a business point of view and it IS a business) and put the long term good of the team (and the sponsor's money) on giving yourself the best shot at winning the championship?............First thing he did out of the car was hug and talk to Rubens.

Put Rubens on the top of the podium and gave him the trophy.
Hummm.... The last time I checked... F1 racing still shows up in the Sports section.

Business decision my arse!! If they want to run it like a business (i.e. maximize profit) then ferrari needs to call a press conference and tell the media to cover f1 racing in the BUSINESS SECTION!!! Gezees!! I don't buy that lame a$$ excuse!! and neither will you if all the baseball teams decided to profit maximize and stretch out the play-off to game 7 so they can "profit maximize"

Look, that "its a business" horseschitt just doesn't fly w/me. Treating a "sports" like a "business" is "unsportsman like" perse.

I can't belive anyone buy into that lame argument. Ferrari cheated us:thumbdwn: , please don't try to down play it.

:angel: beewang

"....cheaters will never win... Its a God given rule!!":D
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
___lk___ said:
dunno how Hack, or anyone posting from the USA could actually be into F1 at all :rolleyes:
Same reason why we all bash Neck-car and SUV drivers...We U.S. F1 fans all wish we're Euro-Trash and date supermodels/teenage women's tennis players.

Oddly enough, I got into F1 because one of my friends is really into Soccer (watches all the British League crap on Fox) and F1. Started watching it and just, for some odd reason, caught on with me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,705 Posts
Pinecone said:
Everybody knows who won, the only thing it changed was the championship points race.

Heck, probably the most interesting race in recent F1 history (not at the front, but the rest of the field) and all anyone can talk about is hating Ferrari.
Oh yeah!!?? Try and ask Michelle Kwan the same question. I am sure she'll agree w/ you.:lmao:

While you're at it..ask Dan Marino if its alright to "almost" win a superbowl. :)

Fact is... life ain't Horse Shoe and almost don't count!! The record shows that Ruben comes in 2nd today... and 5,000 years from now.

:)

beewang

"..cheaters will NEVER win... It's a God given rule.."
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top