BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.......so that I wouldn't feel obligated to drive the 325i all the time to save on fuel costs. The 325i is so slack and delayed in its responses that I've given up on trying to drive it. I use cruise a lot now, since it ain't even worth the frustration with the gearbox and slack throttle. :(

That's all.

P.S: Pstt: Russel BMW........can I get that 335i loaner back?

·
Registered
695 Posts
.......so that I wouldn't feel obligated to drive the 325i all the time to save on fuel costs. The 325i is so slack and delayed in its responses that I've given up on trying to drive it. I use cruise a lot now, since it ain't even worth the frustration with the gearbox and slack throttle. :(

That's all.

You're worried about fuel consumption... yet you want the 335i loaner back...? Does it get better mileage?

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're worried about fuel consumption... yet you want the 335i loaner back...? Does it get better mileage?
Yeah........we had it for an evening, day, and morning. It was a mix of highway, beltway traffic, and um....a friend with an overzealous right foot. I reset the consumption specs at the beginning of the rental period and it showed 27 mpg at the end. That's almost on par with the 325i, which begs the question: What's the point of the 325i? Of course, I have a light right foot in normal driving.

·
HMFIC
439 Posts
...it showed 27 mpg at the end.
You slipped up. You didn't convert this to ltrs/km or something..... LOL!

You must've really been light on the foot for the 335. No way will that car average that. I'm thinking around 21-23 MPG might be more realistic.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed the units all back to default towards the end of the loaner period. I didn't want the next person getting confused with the climate set at 22.5C ! And I certainly didn't want them to think I suddenly added like 3000mi towards the odometer.

I did reset the consumption for the OBC (not trip data, as this was iDrive equipped) halfway thru the day while I was plodding along in the city. The net result was indeed 10.1l/100km which matches the 23 miles to the gallon. With the torque and responsiveness, I drove along all day below 2000rpm.

·
2007 550i, '13 X5, '02 X5
691 Posts

That's all.

You should ask Russel BMW to loan you a 550i next time and see its gas consumption rate! It'll make you feel better as you high-tail and scurrying back into your X3's superior gas mileage! :D

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should ask Russel BMW to loan you a 550i next time and see its gas consumption rate! It'll make you feel better as you high-tail and scurrying back into your X3's superior gas mileage! :D
I actually expect a 550i sport next time. In January, it was a brand new '08 X3 (5 mi on the clock) with 260bhp. Then a 335i with 306bhp. Thus, the natural order of things dictates I will get a 550i with 360bhp next time.

And for the last service, I will probably get an X6 50i with 400bhp. At which point I will crash it into the concrete barriers of I-95 to further enhance its styling.

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
i got 17 when i had a 335i... but i had my foot in it allllllllot ... its well worth it

even my SA told me that i would most likly get bad mpg's... those 335i's are great cars

and they get great gas mpg's when your not standing on it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts