BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied my first coat of Zaino today on my 330Ci. My car is silver, but I was still very impressed with the results. Awesome product! :thumb:

The only bad part was that there were three little water spots (two on the hood and one on the roof) that I didn't see before I did it. I checked the paint really close before I started applying it; I don't know how they got by me (or how they got there in the first place!). I think Zaino magnified them. Unfortunately they are now sealed under a coat of Zaino. I will have to strip the hood and roof tomorrow and remove the spots, then re-apply.

I am going to do coats two and three tomorrow, schedule permitting. Then I will take some pics. :D

Fun stuff!

--SONET

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures really don't do it justice, but I took a few anyway. The lighting conditions could have been better (read: couldn't have been much worse heh). The following pics reflect two coats...

I took the plate off to Zaino just as I do every time I wash. I forgot to put it back on this time!

How's that for a sorry looking tree? Better than nothing I guess. I like how the signage reflected though.

I think these M68's are going to take whatever is left of my sanity. I clean them every day and have the scabs to prove it. :D

A neighbor of mine rushed over and hit my tires with his favorite dressing. I stopped him there - he wanted to show me stuff on my interior too heh. I don't like them this shiney but I'm tired of doing them every day; hopefully his product will have more longevity than the ones I have tried on these tires so far (Endurance, Son of a Gun, Meguiar's 'Shine!', among others). The Conti's have little groves on the sides which I hate because 1) they look bad, 2) they collect dirt and grime, and 3) they cause more 'sling' than tires without them do. The tires seem to perform okay though, and that's what's really key anyway. I expected to be really disappointed with their performance after everything I have read about them. :dunno:

Whatever the case, I'm going to have to put the third coat on if time permits during the week after a wash, or this coming weekend. Again, great product!

--SONET

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Sonet,

Curious to know....how notchy is your gearbox? We got our cars around the same time and I wanted to know if it had been breaking in or is it still feeling "new" and on the notchier side, especially neutral to first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
SONET said:
The only bad part was that there were three little water spots (two on the hood and one on the roof) that I didn't see before I did it. I checked the paint really close before I started applying it; I don't know how they got by me (or how they got there in the first place!). I think Zaino magnified them. Unfortunately they are now sealed under a coat of Zaino. I will have to strip the hood and roof tomorrow and remove the spots, then re-apply.

I am going to do coats two and three tomorrow, schedule permitting. Then I will take some pics. :
This happens on occasion to me as well. I spot polish the area with McGuries ScratchX and then re-apply Z1 and Z5 to the local area. It's no big deal, just time consuming because of all the waiting of products to cure.

--gary

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RChoudry said:
Sonet,

Curious to know....how notchy is your gearbox? We got our cars around the same time and I wanted to know if it had been breaking in or is it still feeling "new" and on the notchier side, especially neutral to first.
It feels a tiny bit notchy. If it is like this the whole time I own the car it's not enough for me to really mind. :dunno:

I'm at about 700 miles btw, mostly city driving lately.

--SONET

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.