BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

i8 Ambient Interior Lighting - Not Functioning

3883 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  JerzeeB
Hello BF i8 Members,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.

So, I have looked for this answer, and cannot find locate anything on this topic....please forgive me if I have overlooked this on the forum.

I just picked up (yesterday) a CPO 2015 BMW i8. Traded in my 2015 650i Convert. Just wanted to move on from the Vert, into something different. Love the i8.

I was in my garage looking over a few things with the car, and I noticed that the car has a interior lighting feature in the settings. I set this feature to on, selected a color, and turned the brightness all the way up. The lighting never came on. I used the extended settings and nothing showed. I even played with the dash brightness level on the left near the wheel and nothing change (in respect to the ambient lighting)

Is there something that I'm missing here? I asked my good friend who has an i8 if his works, and he stated yes. It was dark in the garage and I even had the headlights on.

Hopefully, this issue will be fixed under warranty; but I just wanted to see if any of the i8 owners on this forum could help.

Thank you in advance!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
If you checked the box to enable interior lighting and it does not come on, then it sounds like there is an issue.

Sent from my PH-1 using Bimmerfest mobile app
Thank you for the response. I figured as much. I will be taking it in for service in the morning.

Thanks again.
Quick Update:

The BMW Service Center replaced the module that controls the lighting, and now the ambient lighting works as expected.

Thanks,
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.