BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the ice link in my '04 325i yesterday which also has the HK sound system and have had no luck on getting the stereo to recognize the ipod. The ipod charges when installed in the cradle, but when I try to access it by hitting the "Mode" button to change to CD Changer all I get is "No Disc" on the radio display. The ipod at this point is on its normal display too.

Any solutions or things I may try. I've disconnected the cables and reconnected them. I've also uninstalled the radio fuses and reinstalled them. I've heard the system was reliable in BMW's, but I have yet to experience that.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
rkhavari said:
I installed the ice link in my '04 325i yesterday which also has the HK sound system and have had no luck on getting the stereo to recognize the ipod. The ipod charges when installed in the cradle, but when I try to access it by hitting the "Mode" button to change to CD Changer all I get is "No Disc" on the radio display. The ipod at this point is on its normal display too.

Any solutions or things I may try. I've disconnected the cables and reconnected them. I've also uninstalled the radio fuses and reinstalled them. I've heard the system was reliable in BMW's, but I have yet to experience that.
... have you tried resetting the iPod (press and hold both the menu and the center button together) while connected to the ice>Link? :dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried resetting the ipod while in the cradle and that didn't work either. I saw on a previous post that the three pin connector in the trunk could go either one way or another and there is no indication on the wiring as to what is correct. I will give that a shot and see if that works.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured It Out!!

Well, I finally got the Ice Link system working and I LOVE IT!!! Wouldn't trade it for anything. The problem ended up being the adapter that is connected between the cradle and the thick cable that gets connected in the trunk. Once I switched that adapter for a new one, everything was working.

However, I started the engine and I would get engine noise. I called Dension's Tech Support, and right off the bat they knew what the problem was. The ground wire for the larger connector in the trunk had to be moved.

Thanks to everyone at Dension and their Tech Support team.

NO MORE CD'S FOR ME!!

·
ELmO
362 Posts
Legally, of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts