BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am finally here!! As a million people have mentioned, this place is amazing! I am currently in the premium lounge and they are very cordial. We completed the factory tour (awesome) earlier and our kids are about ready to take a tour just for them. We take delivery of our car tomorrow morning and I will post pictures to this thread hopefully within the 12 hours - because I really would like to keep my new bimmer!

P.S. My wife helped me with the title of this thread - is the phrasing and spelling correct Mr. JSpira? (btw, they definately know you here!)

·
*insert witty one liner*
257 Posts
CONGRATS! I'm at the Munich Marriott right now posting this so if you're staying here let me know cause I want pictures! lol

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
P.S. My wife helped me with the title of this thread - is the phrasing and spelling correct Mr. JSpira? (btw, they definately know you here!)
Congratulations (gratuliere!) and you were close. I guess I would probably say ,,Ich bin in der BMW Welt`` (literally, I am in the BMW Welt, where the article ,,die``(,,the``) is declined to ,,der`` because it´s the dative case)

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Congratulations! Keep us posted on your adventure :D

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
I am finally here!! As a million people have mentioned, this place is amazing! I am currently in the premium lounge and they are very cordial. We completed the factory tour (awesome) earlier and our kids are about ready to take a tour just for them. We take delivery of our car tomorrow morning and I will post pictures to this thread hopefully within the 12 hours - because I really would like to keep my new bimmer!

your German spelling might be correct but your English definitely needs a little work.;)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Tell us more about the special "kid's tour." Is this something you put together yourselves or is it a special tour offered by the officials at the WELT? What was included in the tour and did the kids enjoy it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
More about the kids tour as well.....

Tell us more about the special "kid's tour." Is this something you put together yourselves or is it a special tour offered by the officials at the WELT? What was included in the tour and did the kids enjoy it?
I would also love to hear about the kids tour. I believe that I saw this on the Welt's website and was wondering about it for our trip. How old are your kids? Did they do it alone or with adult accompaniement? Is there a min age range?

Congrats on the car and enjoy the trip!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally some internet! First off pictures, these were all taken on delivery day. Since then we have been to Fuessen, Venice, Rome and now we are in Levanto, Italy. I'll post more later.

Copy of IMG_0438.JPG
A view from the walk down the stairs. We actually saw the car
the afternoon prior (We had a 7:30am check-in on the 29th) which did not
spoil the surprise at all, we loved seeing it the afternoon of the 28th. We were about to leave, and said "hey, that's our car!"

Copy of IMG_0441.JPG
We are posing for two different cameras

Copy of IMG_0443.JPG
A photo with the roof up.

Copy of IMG_0450.JPG
I "Pricelined" this hotel at the last minute, got it for $100 per night, but
then I had to pay extra for the kids - I was kinda expecting that.

Copy of IMG_0461.JPG
Waiting for our tour time.

Copy of IMG_0452.JPG
Nice little hotel with living space for the kids bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tour might not be the correct terminology, but that is what they called it. It was 70 minutes long and they had some interactive gaming and experiments. It takes place in the kids area and can be scheduled when you get to the Welt.

your German spelling might be correct but your English definitely needs a little work.;)
Wow, I guess the spelling police is out in force! I will definitely try and be more careful next time. :rolleyes: I must say though, I see many threads full of spelling mistakes - I think I did alright comparatively speaking! (plus I was still getting over jet-lag!)

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Important notice:

Spelling and grammar mistakes do NOT count against you. We just want pix, and of course effort does count!

Great report.:thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lovely family in a lovely car!! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ditto. Having been there and done that, congrats too on getting luggage for four into the verte!
This certainly took some planning! Makes it easier to resist all of the souvenirs though!!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, it encourages me to post more pics.....here's a couple more quick ones:

Attachments

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,189 Posts
Important notice:

Spelling and grammar mistakes do NOT count against you. We just want pix, and of course effort does count!

Great report.:thumbup:
Additional points for degree of difficulty if the post is made using a non-US standard keyboard. :)

BTW, hopefully kingbelcher married into another royal family so that the queen, prince, and princess can take the queen's family name. :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
BTW, hopefully kingbelcher married into another royal family so that the queen, prince, and princess can take the queen's family name. :)
For the sake of the children, I certainly hope so :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Another Hotel with internet! Here are a few photos from todays journey from Levanto, Italy to Les Houches, France. A beautiful drive and mostly with the top down. It was 32.30 euros to use the 7 mile long tunnel under Mont Blanc. Awesome scenery!

Copy of IMG_0912.JPG
Breakfast overlooking the Italian Riviera. This has been our favorite hotel thus far.

Copy of IMG_0920.JPG
I was enjoying a latte and our daughter some hot chocolate.

Copy of IMG_0939.JPG
The Nav system has been invaluable - I highly recommend.
(we're taking good care of your disk Beewang!)

Copy of IMG_0954.JPG
The temperatures varied from 81 to 55 degrees today.
Heated seats were useful on ocasion!

Copy of IMG_0968.JPG
We have had plenty of gelato the past few days - this was our last in Italy!

Copy of IMG_0975.JPG
Well, the look says it all. I'll translate: @ $140.00!

Copy of IMG_0984.JPG
Mont Blanc Range

Copy of IMG_0990.JPG
On our balcony at Hotel Les Campanules.
This is our least expensive hotel on the trip, but might be our new favorite!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts