Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can use an inexpensive K+DCAN cable for coding and diagnostics, and some minor flashing. The bimmergeeks cable is solid. For any serious flashing, I like using an ICOM NEXT. The cheap cable gives you 95% of the capability for a tiny fraction of the price. For any MOST bus flashing, the only option is ICOM NEXT A with a B MOST adapter.
What capabilities are you looking for?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use an inexpensive K+DCAN cable for coding and diagnostics, and some minor flashing. The bimmergeeks cable is solid. For any serious flashing, I like using an ICOM NEXT. The cheap cable gives you 95% of the capability for a tiny fraction of the price. For any MOST bus flashing, the only option is ICOM NEXT A with a B MOST adapter.
What capabilities are you looking for?
thx.........I do need to to work on my MOST bus as I am getting errors in ISTA. I have the K+DCAN usb, and Carly adapter. any recommendations?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you can work through the test plan with ISTA and your current cable. Have you run the diagnostic plan for those errors? You can also grab up a couple of MOST loops to assist with testing.
An ICOM NEXT A + B will run you about $1000. Anything cheaper is a chinese copy. The ICOM is awesome, but you may not need it.
If you decide you want a NEXT A, I have a spare.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you can work through the test plan with ISTA and your current cable. Have you run the diagnostic plan for those errors? You can also grab up a couple of MOST loops to assist with testing.
An ICOM NEXT A + B will run you about $1000. Anything cheaper is a chinese copy. The ICOM is awesome, but you may not need it.
If you decide you want a NEXT A, I have a spare.
ISTA is saying my MOST_60 is 0x00FFF3 mostsys:most analysis: 1 fault- UNKNOWN

I saw something about on the NET about maybe the radio...still learning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts