Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 BMW 528i. It has 85 thousand miles on it. Overall the car runs great, but I can't figure out why it vibrates so much when I'm idle, like at a light. Any ideas?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2008 BMW 528i. It has 85 thousand miles on it. Overall the car runs great, but I can't figure out why it vibrates so much when I'm idle, like at a light. Any ideas?
Is it a rough idle with fluctuations or just ***8220;vibrations***8221;?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by "vibrates"? Does it feel like the engine is rough idling? If you press very lightly on the accelerator when this happens, does it go away? If not, perhaps loose exhaust.
Since you say that it happens at idle, I would place it securely in park, with the engine running at idle. Then, walk around the car, listen under the hood, etc., to pinpoint the location of the vibration.
Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
The first step in diagnosing a problem is to scan the engine computer (DME in BMWspeak) for codes. The Service Engine Soon light is on only when emissions related codes are present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts