BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iDrive on my 2007 525XI has been paired with several BB, working great.
the question I have, when I command "dial number ###,###,####" it dial it all right but then I try to save it to Phone book, it does not understand the word SAVE or Store. it keep responding "phone book is empty".

I have uploaded all my contacts from BB to iDirve with no difficulties but none of them can be stored on phone book.
Question:
1- Any ideas How much memory iDrive has for storage?
2- How can store on my phone book so next time rather say the number say the "name" so it dials the associated number to the name. the same way the voice dial works on any smart phone? In other words the correct procedure to store name and numbers by voice command?
3- has anyone paired the iLane Device with BMW iDrive? it works with any devices but not with iDrive.

Thanks

:behead:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
For my '08 535i I had to input the names verbally to store them in memory. I don't have NAV and Voice Commands don't work for anything except the phone. I don't know if this helps, but it's all I got. :D

Operating by voice command requires a personal
voice phone book.

>
With separate drives for audio CDs and navigation
DVDs, the entries are automatically
adopted from your mobile phone's memory.

>
With a single drive, the entries must be
input by voice and are independent of your
mobile phone's memory. In this case, it is
not possible to use voice command either
to call phone numbers stored in the mobile
phone or to store new numbers. Up to
50 entries can be input. An entry always
consists of a name and phone number.

(text) Online Edition for Part no. 01 41 0 014 240 - © 08/07 BMW AG

Creating and editing voice phone
book*

Store entry:

An entry always consists of a name and phone
number.

{Save name}.
Speak the name.
The spoken length of the names in the
phone book must not exceed approx.
2seconds.
Speak the phone number after being
requested to do so by the system.
To store the phone number:
{Save}.

Here is the Owners Manual from BMW NA if you don't have one. It's on pages 204-206.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Cont...=6uiCmLSh3I9UVfGL1f0p1WuBN49ncN2mxKzVspm9rFU=

dj

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wrote to BMW a while back and got this reply:

Dear Dan:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your 2007 BMW 550i. We appreciate your inquiry, and we are happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, the BMW Bluetooth system only has the capability to store approximately 1500 contacts. There is not update at this time that will change this function. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations and Services
Representative

1 - 3 of 3 Posts