BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Everyone here has been so helpful over the 18 months of ownership of my first X7. I love it! I've noticed (now it's pretty cold in Wisconsin this time of year), the iDrive screen can have some horizontal lines (more areas of decreased intensity) in a consistent pattern when having the car paired with ApplePlay. ApplePlay during the day has that bright white background and so it seems more obvious. I've noticed it may happen more in the 'bitter cold' -- even if kept in the garage overnight. I'm wondering if this is anything to worry about (is it failing?) or is just me imagining things (or something to do with the cold?) Previously, I used to think, whoa~ the screen on this thing has no pixels! it's so sharp! But recently I've seen these equal spaced horizontal grayish lines across the screen which alternate with the bright white background? Any thoughts would be helpful, including if anyone has had any failures of their screens.

Thanks so much in advance
An overly detail oriented X7 owner

·
Happily Driving
7,243 Posts
Can you take a photograph of it?

·
Happily Driving
7,243 Posts
Anyway, in lieu of you posting the picture on here, and since it sounds transient, I'd take a picture with your phone and show it to your Service Advisor. I've never had an iDrive screen do what you are describing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have seen the same condition you are describing on my 2019 X7 specifically while using Apple CarPlay. Seems to occur on the first start of the morning, when it’s cool. I live in Georgia and see it occur when it gets below 50 degrees. A few mins into the drive it goes away. Has done this since purchased, I assumed it was normal, sounds like it is not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts